Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:03 pm If we had had an EU it would have had a dictator Napoleon. There was no planning at all in UK, it was just about who could raise enough capital through shares and get the job passed by Parliament.
I know. Hence, the wink.

Good job we've progressed, eh?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

As I said before S.Ireland is a tail wagging a very unfriendly dog called the EU. It should be put down. There have been three serious attempts at a EU, Napoleon, Kaiser, Hitler, this is no difference apart from very few people are being killed. Happily we have opposed them all and stopped them (with others help), will we do the same with this one.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

:shock: a Brexit thread with no rows, no toys out prams, no insult battles, no flouncing off etc. So how can we manage this even though opinion here is just as divided as elsewhere.

Answers on a post card sent to AoS, Wigwam, Pink F..............................................etc etc etc

Welder
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Welder »

Strange though isn’t it. There are pro and anti Brexit contributors in this thread, mostly moaning about what a bunch of wankers there are in power.
There could be an election tomorrow and most will go and vote for the same type of politician, from the same class, the same schools with the same ideals if they have any, and we’ll get the same result more or less.

We need a system change, not just paint the old one a different colour.
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The problem is the Politician are us, they are not a separate breed, so they are just as fecked up as the rest of us.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:12 pm As I said before S.Ireland is a tail wagging a very unfriendly dog called the EU. It should be put down. There have been three serious attempts at a EU, Napoleon, Kaiser, Hitler, this is no difference apart from very few people are being killed. Happily we have opposed them all and stopped them (with others help), will we do the same with this one.
I truly hope you will be proved right Doc! The Common Market was not perfect by far though we voted for it by being enticed to show British spirit against de Gaulle.

Nobody voted in any member country for what it has morphed into by design of the elites for the elites. If it were so good an idea why is there so much unrest across the member countries?

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:37 pm The problem is the Politician are us, they are not a separate breed, so they are just as fecked up as the rest of us.
I can’t agree with you; or at least, I know many people who are not like them.
It’s a bit like your distaste for marketing people and trough slurpers; I don’t think you would identify with them although they are just people to.
You, with your designs and builds are expected and held to by your customers, a certain degree of competence. Most trades and artisans are, where the end product can be evaluated. It doesn’t seem to work like this for politicians in the current system. You, or I fuck up and we have to put it right at our own cost. These people (politicians) are not really accountable in any true meaning of the word. Despite the obvious lies and incompetence rarely does an MP lose his seat and they definitely don’t get thrown out of the ‘old boys’ network.
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So the problem is what happens to normal people when they become marketing men or politicians. Or do they become this because they aren't normal - with politicians normally hubris. With marketing men greed.

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

It could be, but it could also be it takes a particular type of person to become a politician or marketing person.
I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Marketing and politicians have a lot in common. An inability to grasp technical matters or any logical thinking. Also like the sound of their own voice. Plenty examples of the later trait now populate Youtube. Applying any form of logic would lead to HS2 being binned and establishing some common solution to Brexit that the EU were likely to go along with. The prime numpty at present who displays all the hallmarks of 'Nice But Dim' is the current transport minister. Latest in a succession of bungling idiots who have presided over disasters running from the demise of Rover cars to controlling migration by chucking out the wrong people. I firmly believe a reliance on clueless civil servants (Sir Humphrey types) has a lot to do with this.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)