Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Fretless »

This further weakens the negotiation position of the UK.
Options are:

1) ultra-soft Brexit with only freedom of movement restrictions and remaining in the EU trade zone. UK position and credibility within EU severely weakened.

2) Hard Brexit - leaving the EU with no agreements made. Could be catastrophic for the UK economically. And restart the Irish Troubles.

3) Tories loose power/election and the Brexit decision is reversed OR with no clear proposals from UK government, the EU invokes a veto and blocks the UK's exit.

This whole process is already costing the UK economy more than would be saved on EU contributions and the downhill slide is just starting.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

A very one sided biased argument, but that is all we seem to get now.

THE TRUTH is the victim in all this as it has so much shit piled on the top of it no one can see it anymore. Both sides are guilty. Per usual the only thing apparent from everyone is personal self interest. Pursuit of power, Pursuit of money, Pursuit of prejudice.

Fretless
Netherlands

That's politics, Doc.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

4) Both the UK and the EU are a little worse off...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:28 am There will be a general election soon and it will become (inevitably) another Brexit vote. You may even see Brexit opinion take over from party politics for a while while we sort this daftness out.
The problem is the people who don't usually vote that voted in the referendum may not turn out which might mean a party attaching itself to stay in could win. Mind if Corbyn totally flipped he would lose credibility and who in the Tory party would be leader. Most likely would get less votes than May if she somehow survives. Anyone who failed to get us out of EU still in big trouble. Close to collapse of democracy IMO unless a new credible party could emerge from scratch like in France and Italy. First thing I would do is demolish Parliament and save on cost of repairing that victorian pile of poop. Perhaps sitting them in a village hall somewhere would freshen their brains and remove their sense of know it all entitlement.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Now Boris has resigned.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Revenge on both May and Gove...how could he resist?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

The EU has everything: water, agriculture, indusry, state of the art innovation, huge market, army. And the EU is the biggest and strongest in many comparisons, it’s not a coincidence, that China, Russia, the USA are always talking about Germany, UK, French, Italy etc and not about the EU. They want to divide us, and they seem to succeed. Because if we would unite, we could undisputably rule the world. And you are leaving now, when protectionism is rising all over the world and we are near to a trade war. Yeah, best time to leave, and stand alone...

Fretless
Netherlands

I expect Boris to have a try for the Tory leadership again - it's what he has wanted all along.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

kellerist wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:42 pm The EU has everything: water, agriculture, indusry, state of the art innovation, huge market, army. And the EU is the biggest and strongest in many comparisons, it’s not a coincidence, that China, Russia, the USA are always talking about Germany, UK, French, Italy etc and not about the EU. They want to divide us, and they seem to succeed. Because if we would unite, we could undisputably rule the world. And you are leaving now, when protectionism is rising all over the world and we are near to a trade war. Yeah, best time to leave, and stand alone...
Substitute EU for Germany and a couple other countries. Rest are vassal states brought to their knees especially those in the Euro Zone. As for May she concocted a new negotiating plan excluding her Brexit Minister and left him in an impossible position. Thing is it satisfies no one and might have just been acceptable if presented as our final position rather than opening negotiations. If Eurocrats start pulling it apart there isn't anywhere to go except no deal. Of course the slimy silver tongued backstabbing Gove is staying on and supporting the PM. Thing is none of the critics have an alternative plan other than the one David Davis was working on when he was sidelined. Had no alternative but to resign. Boris is on the other hand an opportunist but is in the right position if the government collapses to present himself as a saviour and idealist. Never can rule him not making a comeback as charisma generally wins elections rather than adhering to the truth and detail. Choice between Boris and Corbyn and I still would back Boris. People forget he was a decent London Mayor before he got carried away with achieving the ideal version of Brexit. Unfortunately a pretty useless Foreign Secretary as a result though he was well qualified in speaking several languages.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)