Defending your home.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Defending your home.

Unread post by zebbo »

Doc, we are getting there already. While obviously not in the same league of "badness", the lovely village I live in has been plagued by a bunch of mid-teens gangs for the last couple of years. We're not talking about knocking on doors and running away, I'm talking about them jumping on people's cars, ripping off door mirrors, breaking into sheds, a neighbour had a whole tin of red gloss paint poured over his £40k Mercedes, etc etc and the Police couldn't care less, you're lucky if you get a response to your on-line report. However, when one resident finally snapped and had one of the little bastards by the throat SIX, I kid you not, SIX Police cars were on the scene within minutes. You really can't wonder why people feel they need to get stuff sorted themselves, me amongst them.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:53 pm You mean wishy washy pacifists and missionary types. Brits knew what they were doing with these woggy woggy types in Victorian times, send in the missionaries and if that didn't work send in the army, and if that didn't work find two tribes who hated each other and manipulate them into conflict so we ruled the place and ripped them off and they were too busy fighting each other to notice. Clever people those Victorians.

Then the same logic was provided and the same arguments for protecting the Empire. A mans home is his Empire (castle).

The above is me imitating a Victorian politician, just to show how time change. In 100 years we will probably be inviting burglers in for a cup of tea, as it will be not politically correct to tell them off or be cross with them.
I thought you were quoting Boris Johnson...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

What is the Marxist way of dealing with such crimes ?

savvypaul
Great Britain

zebbo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:15 pm ...and the Police couldn't care less, you're lucky if you get a response to your on-line report...
Police numbers are at their lowest since records began 22 years ago. 21,000 fewer officers than in 2010, and many officers who would have been employed for local community policing have been reassigned to deal with increased terrorist threats and those left in community policing are spending much more of their time dealing with mental health related issues due to significant cuts in the funding of social care.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 78631.html

At least the tax cuts for high-earners and corporations since 2010 may be of some compensation to those driving £40k motors.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Brainwashing gulags, brain warped to be good citizens and love Putin :lol:

Then employ them in the KGB to do their assassinations.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

savvypaul wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:29 pm
zebbo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:15 pm ...and the Police couldn't care less, you're lucky if you get a response to your on-line report...

At least the tax cuts for high-earners and corporations since 2010 may be of some compensation to those driving £40k motors.
Really ?? !! :roll:
He's got plenty so fuck him?
Well it's a good job he's got plenty because he's paid me to do his kitchen and his bathroom and that's what's allowed me to buy Applemarc's Pros and he's bought some more new gear from the Doc - see how it works??
I do agree, however, that the cut-backs in Policing are outrageous and 100% counter-productive.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

zebbo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:27 pm
savvypaul wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Really ?? !! :roll:
Yes, high earners and corporations really have enjoyed significant tax cuts since 2010.

Yes, police numbers really have been cut by 21,000 at the same time.

Yes, social care funding really has been cut by a third since 2010.

Yes, border force spending really has been cut by 25% since 2010.

Yes, youth services really have been cut by £387m .
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

zebbo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:27 pm He's got plenty so fuck him?
If we fail to invest in the measures that reduce crime, both prevention and detection. then we cannot be surprised that crime is rising.

I'm not in the business of wishing harm (or even inconvenience) on anyone, wealthy or poor, or anywhere in-between. BUT we do get what we vote for...
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Under 16 they can get away with anything. There is a simple answer make them scared to do it, at the moment they are not. It is the only thing they understand. When I was a kid you knew the cop would clip you around the ear (funny how the ear stings so much), so you stayed away. Schools could cane, and staying back and doing lines on a blackboard was a good deterrent as well. Stopping pocket money was minor hindrance to the nasty bunch, they just took away dinner money from the weak and bullied. So modern deterrents, instead of locking them up lock up their mobile phones so they can't use them, for many that would be the biggest consequence. Curfew, with tags. Banning gatherings of youths outside shops or on corners, they egg each other on. The ones that make a our life a misery, make their ones a misery in return.

Most importantly *reward* good behaviour.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It's not an either or situation. You can be tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime. Any one who thinks that the unequal society we live in deosnt play a part is deluded