Is seeing believing?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Is seeing believing?

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I'll repeat it for thick Dave, nothing they evaluate is appropriate for evaluating sound quality.

For instance the mcqiurk effect is of interest to the way we perceive, it will however tell you nothing about sound quality

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

When I was at (then) Manchester Poly, experimantal subjects were offered green, white, brown and blue bread. NO difference in taste, just in appearance. Some students threw-up after eating green bread and the blue was untouched.

Sugden kit is audibly fine (IMO), but the combination of green, orange and natural wood put a lot of people off. It was again IMO) superior to Naim but much fewer people even considered Sugden kit.

Colour of a product IS important if irrelevant in objective (blind) analysis. If NVA kit was supplied in fluorescent yellow boxes rather than the quite tasteful piano black. Would you buy it?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

Only fuckin idiots are influenced by the colour when evaluating sound. Anyone can make a purchase decision taking colour in to account

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I don't agree. My question stands.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

It's stupid, of course I'd buy it.