Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Classicrock »

Time to resurrect Brexit! Latest antics by Corbyn and labour an utter disgrace. Shows the man is utterly untrustworthy. Politicians have to respect the referendum result which actually means leaving the EU not being controlled by it. Low wages due to EU migration, not having trade deals with China and elsewhere as I saw suggested today. Predictions from these people are always 100% wrong. They forget northern working class voters were mostly voting for Brexit. Corbyn and his cronies are daft middle class marxists. I've got some suggestions for getting the vote through but would involve illegality like kidnapping Anna Soubry and other Tory traitors. How the hell can the government negotiate anything with EU when parliament is trying to restrict the scope of the negotiations. Discuss!
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

If you want a hard / clean / true Brexit then I think you will have to win it in a 2nd referendum. Neither of the political parties can countenance 'holding the baby' for the short term damage that coming out on WTO rules would entail.

Could play out something like...

...government defeated by amendment to ensure we stay in Customs Union. Theresa May resigns. BoJo or JRM wins leadership and calls 2nd referendum - stay in EU or choose hard Brexit.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Rectified
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rectified »

Im all for not manufacturing in China. Im all for getting British products back on the map, Made by the British in the UK.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Even the Remoaners have given up on a second referendum due to public opinion. Whole point in trade deals is to boost manufacturing and exports. Doubt anyone has given thought as to how this will happen. We certainly won't be trying to compete on Chinese prices (which will gradually become more costly). The new tactic is a blatantly dishonest attempt to derail Brexit which would leave us neither in nor out. You can't pre-empt the negotiations by tying the government's hands. Interesting to see what Theresa May says on Friday after her cabinet get together at Checkers.

savvypaul
Great Britain

I am in the hi-fi trade

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

My opinion of Cornyn has gone up. The referendum went the way of Brexit by a very fine margin because of lies. A second one, now we know the consequence, is required.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Bongobongo
Been thanked: 0
Canada

Unread post by Bongobongo »

Classicrock wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm Even the Remoaners have given up on a second referendum due to public opinion. Whole point in trade deals is to boost manufacturing and exports. Doubt anyone has given thought as to how this will happen. We certainly won't be trying to compete on Chinese prices (which will gradually become more costly). The new tactic is a blatantly dishonest attempt to derail Brexit which would leave us neither in nor out. You can't pre-empt the negotiations by tying the government's hands. Interesting to see what Theresa May says on Friday after her cabinet get together at Checkers.

"Due to public opinion"
Please quote your source.

"A blatantly dishonest attempt"
Please explain what's dishonest?

joe

Unread post by joe »

Bongobongo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:53 pm
Classicrock wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm Even the Remoaners have given up on a second referendum due to public opinion. Whole point in trade deals is to boost manufacturing and exports. Doubt anyone has given thought as to how this will happen. We certainly won't be trying to compete on Chinese prices (which will gradually become more costly). The new tactic is a blatantly dishonest attempt to derail Brexit which would leave us neither in nor out. You can't pre-empt the negotiations by tying the government's hands. Interesting to see what Theresa May says on Friday after her cabinet get together at Checkers.

"Due to public opinion"
Please quote your source.
I'm guessing the Daily Mail.

Classicrock
Great Britain

CN211276 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 pm My opinion of Cornyn has gone up. The referendum went the way of Brexit by a very fine margin because of lies. A second one, now we know the consequence, is required.
Sorry but you people don't get it. 4% is actually a significant margin by normal election standards. The 17.5 million voted for Brexit far more than any govt winning an election including people that don't normally vote. A clear decision was made. A second referendum if it reversed the decision would undermine peoples original votes and thus democracy. Would we be given a chance for best of three? I don't think the establishment would allow it. Would create more division and likey breakdown in democracy altogether plus civil unrest. A lot of angry people will feel cheated. If the vote had gone the other way I would accept it so why can't others accept a democratic vote because they were on the wrong side? The lies in the campaign were pretty equal on both sides and doubt many were swayed to change their mind by the massaged figures quoted. Some politicians seem to think the general public (plebs) are all plain stupid and they have some divine right to foist their views on everyone else. The way Corbyn and others speak of 'a' customs union rather than 'the' instead of using treaty or agreement smells of a con. Man has ratted on his own belief in order to try and remove the government.

savvypaul
Great Britain

"Theresa May does not have enough votes to get a "hard Brexit" through parliament and this may force her to call a second referendum on Britain's final deal with the EU, according to Pantheon Macroeconomics analyst Samuel Tombs. He puts the chance of a second referendum at 40%, according to a note he sent to clients yesterday. Because of that, he estimates there is "a 25% chance that Brexit doesn't happen."

The note is eyebrow-raising for two reasons: He is one of very few UK analysts who think that a second Brexit referendum is in any way likely. And he was almost alone in predicting the result of the June 2017 general election correctly. Most analysts had assumed the prime minister would maintain or increase her majority.

Tombs' assumption is that macroeconomic conditions drive politics in Britain."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/second-br ... dum-2018-2

It is no longer just a game of emotions. It is now all about the numbers. Game Theory at it's most interesting...
I am in the hi-fi trade