Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by savvypaul »

Simon Hickie wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 pm
Fretless wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:31 pm
By the way - most of my information comes from that well-known propaganda institution, The BBC.
Ah, the Bolshevic Broadcasting Corporation as it is also known. And yes, some do indeed view it as a propaganda machine.
And some view it as right wing...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Anyone who thought we would walk away from the cess pit which is the, increasingly federal, EU without any collateral damage was deluded. Of course there will be problems, probably some major problems but that should not deter us from doing what we need to do - get the hell out! Junkers et al are acting like petulant children as they know they are ultimately going to be the big losers. Our economy isn't a disaster and the pound hasn't "collapsed" despite the BBC doing it's best to portray it as otherwise. Financial markets are always jittery and easily upset. Brexit will be a nasty business for us, the EU dictators will make sure of that, hoping to deter other countries from following suit. They are all bluff and bluster and we need to grow a spine and stand up to the bastards. If they do nothing to smooth the exit their companies will suffer at least as much as ours but we will have the benefit of being free to trade with whoever the hell we like, they won't. The bottom line is - this is going to hurt but it has to be done - SOON.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Name me any contractual agreement where a price has be agreed before the terms - this is so arse about face and daft as to be a complete insult - we should walk away.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Just watch W1A, BBC2 10.00pm tonight. :lol:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

The Pound has collapsed since Brexit and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. I have been abroad four times since the referendum and each time the ER has got worse and worse. When we went to Portugal last month the ER was parity. It has cost us hundreds of pounds. The slide will not stop as the madness continuese. We will be away a lot more next year and Brexit wil cost us thousands.

I fear most for those who will loose their jobs because of businesses fleeing and for young people, who showed more sense in the referendum, than those with blinkered entrenched views. Oh for some half decent politicians in place of the May, Borris Johnson idiots and that fossil leading Labour.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

CN211276 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am I fear most for those who will loose their jobs because of businesses fleeing and for young people, who showed more sense in the referendum, than those with blinkered entrenched views. Oh for some half decent politicians in place of the May, Borris Johnson idiots and that fossil leading Labour.
+1

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I repeat the 10% reducing to 5% at its worst can never be seen as a collapse. It is just the TV and press have to use over statement, so you follow them. A collapse would have to be at least 30%. 10% is an adjustment.

The use of the words is completely wrong even for 30% a real collapse leaves the thing broken on the ground.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Tony Benn summarised the issues relating to what we now call the EU and democracy in 1975. https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/a ... eferendum/ I seen nothing that alters this analysis.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Simon Hickie wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:41 am Tony Benn summarised the issues relating to what we now call the EU and democracy in 1975. https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/a ... eferendum/ I seen nothing that alters this analysis.
Tony Benn - a fountain of wisdom. Best summed up on "Not the nine o'clock news".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0LoLdjGy9o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am I repeat the 10% reducing to 5% at its worst can never be seen as a collapse. It is just the TV and press have to use over statement, so you follow them. A collapse would have to be at least 30%. 10% is an adjustment.

The use of the words is completely wrong even for 30% a real collapse leaves the thing broken on the ground.
The pound went from $1.50 to $1.10 approx.