Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by savvypaul »

zebbo wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 pm It's frig-all to do with Brexit, they are closing their plant in Turkey too.
Yeah, but I don't think the conversations in Honda went thus...

'Diesel sales are way down and the Chinese market has slowed...but surely Brexit will give us a big boost?'
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

It has nothing to do with Brexit....?
What about BMI?

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Actually it said "let's fund the NHS instead" which I would say was a suggestion.
Remainers keep trying to bash the leavers with that one. The images are there for all to see. (and they say we're the thicko's ! ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Thicko’s or thickos?

:P

Engypoos
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Engypoos »

Car production is not a good barometer when it comes to Brexit.
Car manufacturers all over the would are having to re-evaluate.

"A HONDA factory in Turkey is also set to close, Swindon MPs have revealed.

In a joint statement, Robert Buckland and Justin Tomlinson said the Swindon facility was a victim of global trends rather than Brexit.

They said: "With nothing yet confirmed to the workforce, we are very disappointed and surprised to hear the emerging news that Honda is preparing to close its Swindon plant in 2021.

"Today we have spoken to the Business Secretary & Honda, and will be speaking with the Prime Minister later today. ".
From the horse's mouth.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Multinational corporations love the EU and the EU commission love them in return. EU regulation does nothing to help SME's it just hinders and costs them dear. It's all very cosy for the EU and Big business so don't believe either or politicians for that matter just look at history.

The diesel fiasco was created by the EU commission, in fact it was one Neil Kinnock (failed Labour leader who ended up with a cushy job for himself and his wife in the EU) who pushed for Diesels to be adopted as clean and the Industry, (VAG group being the main perpetrator) then fucked it up with an humoungous home goal! You couldn't make it up!!

Big business always goes to where cheap labour can be sourced/hired for a low wage.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

la lal la la lala la la (fingers in ears)

joe

Unread post by joe »

CaterhamKev wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 pm It has nothing to do with Brexit....?
What about BMI?
I could certainly do with losing some weight.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

The govt are to blame but not in relation to Brexit. Telling people they wanted all electric cars by a certain date did for diesels and threats by councils to charge drivers. Forgot to mention this is for old diesel engine designs and I think if you buy a diesel today it will be scrap well before the date for all electric. This will never happen in any case unless there is a miracle in electric car range and they can build enough power stations to power all the charging points. This plan will follow HS2 to the great pie in the sky total waste of public money list. Note I drive a diesel and am hoping mad about this bollocks.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Agree electric is pie in the sky. Range, charging points, additional power stations etc., all to point to making it a no goer.

Why not Hydrogen fuelled vehicles? Which I thought was showing lots of promise some years back? Highly flammable of course, but so is LPG and Petrol to a lesser degree.

Diesels? Only any good for ships, heavy traffic and farm vehicles.

Electric could be utilised for small local public transport I surmise?

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.