Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Bongobongo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Canada

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Bongobongo »

beware bluster in these discussions, what are the facts?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Bongobongo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 pm beware bluster in these discussions, what are the facts?
I've never met a Leave voter who was hindered by facts. It's all about 'gut feeling'.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

savvypaul wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:26 pm
Bongobongo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 pm beware bluster in these discussions, what are the facts?
I've never met a Leave voter who was hindered by facts. It's all about 'gut feeling'.
Exactly. The reasons I have been given are "dont want to be ruled by Germans" or "dont like foriegners". Reality goes out of the window.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You should not ignore history it is the foundation of what is happening now. Nothing happens in isolation. We are all brainwashed by tradition and history, it *forms* peoples minds, be it religion, politics, be it culture. The school, the media, even commercial desire and greed creates these brainwashes, and to expect 29 different variations of this to come together to form one country which is the whole point of the way Brussels is behaving, to try and force create the USofE, it wont happen, it is bound to fail in conflict or the retreat to a lesser smaller entity, and we are far better off out of that process. You see we are self centred, we are Brits we only look at our advantages or disadvantages in this, even more so than others in Europe, because we have the mentality of an island nation. So this is a completely different set of problems and interests for them, and always will be. If we stay in we just speed up the natural process of the *project* failing, so in reality they are better off without us. The ONLY reasons they are scared stiff of this process, are 1/ the EU is tottering financially and being propped up by Germany and losing our money puts it over the edge 2/ they see others following us which could well spark the end.

Simply they are in more trouble over this than we are 1/ we are forced to stay and become an even worse snake in the pit 2/ or our success creates other snakes. It is a no win situation for them leading to the inevitable outcome.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

because we have the mentality of an island nation
But that is itself ignoring history, time after time has the rule of the country been changed for another from the mainland of Europe. That's part of what we are.

On one hand we say Britain is not part of Europe, and in the same breath say that Ireland is part of England.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Japan is three islands they have the same mentality as each other. The Irish apart from the religious conflict created by the power struggle inflicted from the Vatican has far more in common with us than the rest of the EU, we are divided by history and conflict nothing more. We wouldn't be the country we are without the Irish, they built our infrastructure from canals to railways to roads to motorways - we are joined at the hip. FFS there are as many Irish living here as live in Ireland, they created the last immigrant crisis back in Victorian times. Thousand of young men with boiling hormones living in tents and temp shacks, wanting fun fighting gambling women and drink. Scaring the daylights out of every part of the country they worked through. BUT the job would not have been done without them.

We English can be a po faced bunch, we need the Irish to add a bit of craic to our lives.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

These days we need the Eastern Europeans. We stayed at a Heathrow Premier Inn the night before last and there was hardly a member of staff who was not from Eastern Europe. It is a similar situation in Malta, with a lot of other nationalities as well.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Immigration from Europe (apart from Romanies from S Europe) is not my problem with the EU, mine is entirely Brussels and the creation of USofE. I am happy to be in a customs union, if not I will adapt.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Japan is three islands they have the same mentality as each other.
Thats because they were all ruled by the shogun.
The Irish apart from the religious conflict created by the power struggle inflicted from the Vatican has far more in common with us than the rest of the EU,
You may say that, but like a lot of the Scottish or Welsh, they may see it as somewhat different.

Everything you say about the Irish can now be equally applied to the rest of Europe.

Its this thing about being "ruled" by Brussels. Did you watch that video that was posted a bit ago in the thread? A lot of it is the creation of the right wing press.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Lurcher300b wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am
Japan is three islands they have the same mentality as each other.
Thats because they were all ruled by the shogun.
The Irish apart from the religious conflict created by the power struggle inflicted from the Vatican has far more in common with us than the rest of the EU,
You may say that, but like a lot of the Scottish or Welsh, they may see it as somewhat different.

Everything you say about the Irish can now be equally applied to the rest of Europe.

Its this thing about being "ruled" by Brussels. Did you watch that video that was posted a bit ago in the thread? A lot of it is the creation of the right wing press.
That was a small part of their history, the same as the UK they had constant civil wars for who would be king / emperor. That phase just lasted longer than us.

So what, people don't HAVE to agree with me, that is the point of discussion.

No it can't IMO we have never been joined at the hip with them.

Yes I watched and it was just as biased as the right wing press, but the other way, my opinion falls in the middle and concentrates on the bullshit and the slurp and the hubris PER USUAL.