Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Lurcher300b wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 pm
Emotionally I am swinging toward just saying lets just get away from them, WHY because above all in this world I hate bullies and that is what they (EU) are being.
I can't help but find that ironic Richard, as to me the EU are doing exactly what you do and that is sticking to their principles. Its ironic as you get accused of bullying when you do it as well.
Your opinion is valid, but obviously I don't agree, show me being a bully. Opinion is not a bully. I don't threaten people with consequences if they oppose me like Marco does, that is bullying. I have rules I follow and interpret if you mean the forum. I have never created conflict I respond with interest with conflict created for me not by me.

I could NEVER be called a bully, I despise it, which is a main part of my reaction to Marco and couple of other mods and forum owners. The EU are playing games and bullying with threats and desire to control us i.e. equal to what Marco does, rules have been created in order to bully us in their case, reality and logic have been bent like a banana to justify their behaviour. NOTE I am talking about Brussels, they are the leaders in this - under whose authority - who are they, a bunch of trumped up failed national politicians seeing an opportunity to use personal power and slurp off it - nothing more.

They have one overall purpose to insult and damage us for daring to not follow their power dreams, there are no principles. There was way back but since then madness and hubris has taken over. These people in Brussels are nobodies, the only important people are the member state govs, and it should be them meeting not the half arsed eeediots they have passed it too in Brussels, who now are just trying to protect their slurp. The argument that if it wasn't them there would have war again in Europe is ludicrous, it is different world now, we are in a modern war now and it is being waged on us by Russia and in some ways by China as well. Have they stopped that - no, they in fact created the opportunity for it.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Brussels.......the enemy ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQYEN9Imrc

I would suggest Farage, Banks et al are greater enemies of the UK
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

show me being a bully.
I said you were accused of it, not that you had done it.

Bongobongo
Been thanked: 0
Canada

Unread post by Bongobongo »

In what way is the eu bullying?
Negotiating, taking a tough line?
Defending the good friday agreement?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just watch the behaviour of them when they are talking about it - hubris and superiority, they are demeaning us. There is no respect of our traditions and history just derision. The current bullying is just to say there is no movement on anything so they defy our democracy, that is bullying, largely in the way it is done how it is presented and under what conditions and circumstance to try and cause as much conflict as possible. The whole process has been hi-jacked by the Irish gov trying to get Irish unity by the back door, I support Irish unity but not the way they have done. I have spoken about it before and the EU sees it as a way to scupper us leaving so Ireland sets the agenda because it suits Brussels agenda, that is political bullying and disrespect for us. Without us to begin with then Russia and then the USA there would be no EU there would be Greater Germany, and in many ways that is what the EU is becoming.

Bongobongo
Been thanked: 0
Canada

Unread post by Bongobongo »

They disrespect our democracy?
Not so.
We are in a club.
We want to leave.
So, leave , but if we want special consideration, what else is theresa’s deal? then there are terms.
No disrespect there..
All this talk of hubris smacks of the days of empire.
Send a gunboat., cheek of them having a negotiating stance.
And to say people are trying to cause conflict is completely unjustified.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You are entitled to your opinion and you have not described mine.

We are not in a club, never have been we were in a customs union called the EEC, without our agreement and with us fighting it all the way the power hungry knob heads created *Brussels* to rule us and create the road to the USofE, we didn't agree to or sign up to that. Each stage in this has involved a new set of bullying as we have been dragged along, in someways bribed to comply. It has nothing to do with Empire it has to do with being an island, it creates a mentality, Japan has it as well.

Anyway as I said a few posts ago, I have opinions as to what happened and why it happened, but I haven't a clue apart from as I have said my irritations with what I see as obvious games going on, what the future will bring - what ever, I will adjust, I have no say in the matter. So I will continue to point to people and things that are creating this.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

This Brexit nonsence and the resulting collapse of the pound has cost me a small fortune and i am well pissed off. I am away a lot, especialy since retiring eighteen months ago, and returned today after six weeks in Malta. What we would have saved if the pound was at the value it was two years ago does not bear thinking about. I had plenty of time to gauge what Europeans think about Brexit and to put it bluntly we are a laughing stock.

As has been mentioned in this thread right wing politicians are to blame, pandering to the fears of ill the ill informed bullshit swalling masses. The tabloids also have a lot to answer for. To cap it all we have a leader of the opposition who should be a museum exhibit. What happened to the second referendum which was Labour policy if a no confidence vote failed? Probably concerned that too many of their voters are Sun readers.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In many ways I would like to just solve all the problems at once, or for us in England just to walk away from it. If the EU wants it then we can have another vote for Scottish independence and I hope they win it and piss off to the EU, they want a border problem that will be a real border problem. AND for this con job by the Irish to get a united Ireland within the EU. People should be careful what they hope for, that would mean EU troops in Ireland not British troops being killed, it would mean different countries in Europe taking different side in the civil war that will erupt, Scotland will certainly be drawn in and us, well we just close both borders and start living with the rest of the world. AND watch it spread, there are over 10 times more Irish living in the world than in Ireland.if you think the troubles were bad you ain't seen nothing yet. AND THAT WILL HAPPEN due to NOTHING to do with a hard border it will be from the wishes of the Irish Gov and the EU backing them. The Irish problem has been a poison chalice for hundreds of years, and it will not stop with Irish unity, last time we had changes like this in Ireland it sparked civil war, their politics is based on two political parties based on the opponents in that war and it is still simmering as in the IRA.

A stick of dynamite waiting for someone to light the fuse.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

CN211276 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 pm This Brexit nonsence and the resulting collapse of the pound has cost me a small fortune and i am well pissed off. I am away a lot, especialy since retiring eighteen months ago, and returned today after six weeks in Malta. What we would have saved if the pound was at the value it was two years ago does not bear thinking about. I had plenty of time to gauge what Europeans think about Brexit and to put it bluntly we are a laughing stock.

As has been mentioned in this thread right wing politicians are to blame, pandering to the fears of ill the ill informed bullshit swalling masses. The tabloids also have a lot to answer for. To cap it all we have a leader of the opposition who should be a museum exhibit. What happened to the second referendum which was Labour policy if a no confidence vote failed? Probably concerned that too many of their voters are Sun readers.
I should have referred to th value of the pound four years ago, not two. Losing track of time. :grin:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc