Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Re: Brexit

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Copperblue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm Airbus have already made plans to move production from Filton.....Hamburg is a massive site as is Toulouse

BMW are making Minis in Holland with room for expansion

JLR have a new factory in Slovakia

The real shame is that many companies have invested in the UK because we have skills and as part of the EU we were competitive, having access to the worlds biggest trading union....
There is not a lot of Wing manufacture by Airbus at Filton.
Space is at a premium in Hamburg and Toulouse.
Spain on the other hand....

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 pm
Copperblue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm Airbus have already made plans to move production from Filton.....Hamburg is a massive site as is Toulouse

BMW are making Minis in Holland with room for expansion

JLR have a new factory in Slovakia

The real shame is that many companies have invested in the UK because we have skills and as part of the EU we were competitive, having access to the worlds biggest trading union....
They can't the designs are British, they would have their arses sued off them all they can do is stop using the UK and try to copy and change enough to stay legal, it is all bullshit threats - self interest - same as all of this fear being created. I repeat I no longer care which way it goes as I have no say in it. Whichever way I will adjust. I am as happy selling to the Yanks and Chinese as I am the EU, it will be their loss not mine.
The design is the property of Airbus.
The design office could probably stay, but the manufacture could be done elsewhere, but it will be complex to move production whilst maintaining build rates.

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

The yanks will love your stuff, so will the mainland Chinese
So what is it that currently prevents the Americans and Chinese buying those goods, that will cease if we leave the EU
They can't the designs are British
Not sure what you mean, as already said, Airbus hold their designs, BWM have the Mini designs and Tata Motors own the JLR designs.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The design is their property the way they do it and the techniques and expertise used are ours. Boeing would snap them up doing work for them, and the Chinese would love it to, they would buy Fulton like a shot. It is easy to say a design is owned, what is not owned is the tooling and the skills, AND I think you are wrong about wing design ownership, we designed most of this - jigs and methods back in the pre Airbus days. We have been doing it a lot longer than they have AND it will cause them as much hassle and problem if it stops, even more so knowing their financial problems, AND we own part of the company. It is all bullshit threatening in 90% of these suited wankers *pronouncing*.

The main problem with Brexit is everyone is either telling lies or exagerating, no matter what side of the argument they are on.

Lurcher, because they can't as they are contracted to Airbus.

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

The tooling is owned by Airbus.
The design office still have Airbus contracts, and are unlikely to be affected by Brexit.
Airbus at Filton is much smaller than it used to be, as most of the manufacturing was sold off to GKN.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Emotionally I am swinging toward just saying lets just get away from them, WHY because above all in this world I hate bullies and that is what they (EU) are being.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Brexit as a process has encouraged bullying - from both sides

Brexit as a concept has also encouraged less tolerance/more aggression towards anything and anyone different - which is also bullying

Hard Brexit is self harm
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Lurcher300b

Lurcher, because they can't as they are contracted to Airbus.
Sorry, I just don't understand what you mean. If production is moved out of the UK, exactly what are we going to sell them?

Lurcher300b

Emotionally I am swinging toward just saying lets just get away from them, WHY because above all in this world I hate bullies and that is what they (EU) are being.
I can't help but find that ironic Richard, as to me the EU are doing exactly what you do and that is sticking to their principles. Its ironic as you get accused of bullying when you do it as well.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

How do you know? we will only know if we do it, anyway there is no such thing as self bullying, people can abuse themselves physically and mentally, but it is the them doing it to themselves.

Lurcher - I haven't read the contracts, I bet the lawyers will have fun and make a lot of money. We won't be breaking contracts by these threats, not us - them.