Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Brexit

Unread post by savvypaul »

Yes, we have no (bendy) bananas...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Bananas will be cheaper outside the EU. :mrgreen:
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, the items I sell to the EU will be subject to tariffs, which likely means that most of those sales will be lost - about 40% of my business - so I won't be buying bananas of any description...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

The UK has (very soon to be had) an excellent deal with the EU that takes nearly all the benefits and minimises a lot of the excesses. The UK has gained many concessions over the years but to no avail. It seems the EU is the convenient scapegoat for a variety of vested financial interests, social media manipulation, a yearning for a past that didn’t exist, right wing agendas and the internal failures of a fractured society. It’s all about money and power -#Brexit
We are about to leave the worlds largest and most successful trading union to keep the shadowy monied elite in power. All under a cloud of half truths and bare faced lies as part of a sustained misinformation campaign.....including active meddling by a foriegn power. GRU.
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

CaterhamKev
Christmas Island

Unread post by CaterhamKev »

Classicrock wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:25 am I would think more people are thinking FY EU now than 2016. The remoaners and 'peoples vote' crowd have had too much media attention. Support in Parliament minimal as proved by last night's votes. Agree Irish govt have caused all the problems and they will be the ones that get fucked if they cause a no deal. All the scare stories are completely false or at best a gross exaggeration. Can anyone really imagine that aircraft wings and medicines won't be just waved through and dealt with electronically and remotely. And yes the technology does exist to operate a borderless customs. Some of the remoaners think people are stupid or must be completely stupid themselves.
As most of the aircraft wings are flown out of the U.K., then once they have cleared the customs issues there will be little delay.
The bigger question is about any customs charges increasing the cost, as there are several other countries who would be more than happy to take on the work. Yes it will take time to implement the changes, but it is a competitive market so it would not surprise me if it happened.

The impact on the U.K. supply chain of such a change will not be negligible.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Airbus have already made plans to move production from Filton.....Hamburg is a massive site as is Toulouse

BMW are making Minis in Holland with room for expansion

JLR have a new factory in Slovakia

The real shame is that many companies have invested in the UK because we have skills and as part of the EU we were competitive, having access to the worlds biggest trading union....
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

What makes me laugh is that Brexit voters seem to believe that Farage, Johnson, JRM et al give a flying fuck about them. They are not on your side folks. My grandchildren, who have harmed no-one, have had their futures negatively affected by a bunch of nasty right wing little englander fantasists. I live in a massively Brexit area and the bollocks I hear being spouted is positively frightening. I keep my head down and say nothing for now, but a Brexit street party will test my endurance to the limit.

We were shafted once by Thatcher and 30 years after that fact, the damned fools have voted to be shafted again. The stupidity beggars belief. Stockholm syndrome has nothing on this brainwash.
Last edited by SteveTheShadow on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:24 pm In the event of a no-deal Brexit, the items I sell to the EU will be subject to tariffs, which likely means that most of those sales will be lost - about 40% of my business - so I won't be buying bananas of any description...
Just hold on for awhile and you will be laughing all the way to bank. The yanks will love your stuff, so will the mainland Chinese, the British Vintage image is cult status in both and in Japan. What do you think keeps tweed and tartan companies doing well - the French - don't make me laugh.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Copperblue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:36 pm The UK has (very soon to be had) an excellent deal with the EU that takes nearly all the benefits and minimises a lot of the excesses. The UK has gained many concessions over the years but to no avail. It seems the EU is the convenient scapegoat for a variety of vested financial interests, social media manipulation, a yearning for a past that didn’t exist, right wing agendas and the internal failures of a fractured society. It’s all about money and power -#Brexit
We are about to leave the worlds largest and most successful trading union to keep the shadowy monied elite in power. All under a cloud of half truths and bare faced lies as part of a sustained misinformation campaign.....including active meddling by a foriegn power. GRU.
As it always has been.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Copperblue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm Airbus have already made plans to move production from Filton.....Hamburg is a massive site as is Toulouse

BMW are making Minis in Holland with room for expansion

JLR have a new factory in Slovakia

The real shame is that many companies have invested in the UK because we have skills and as part of the EU we were competitive, having access to the worlds biggest trading union....
They can't the designs are British, they would have their arses sued off them all they can do is stop using the UK and try to copy and change enough to stay legal, it is all bullshit threats - self interest - same as all of this fear being created. I repeat I no longer care which way it goes as I have no say in it. Whichever way I will adjust. I am as happy selling to the Yanks and Chinese as I am the EU, it will be their loss not mine.