Holidays....yay

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Holidays....yay

Unread post by zebbo »

Yep. If you absolutely HAVE to have sun on your holiday then maybe the UK isn't the top of the list, (although our weather is actually a hell of a lot better than people care to give it credit for), but for me I'm simply happy to be not working and enjoying some peace and quiet in lovely surroundings. I don't always camp, especially as I get older, I'll often mix it up with B&B's.
Two years back now I decided to ride the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland. Nearly 2000 miles in all. Absolutely stunning but it rained just about every day, that wasn't so great but it was still brilliant in a challenging sort of way! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I'm happy to be not working. Instead of driving to a crowded beach on a rare good weather public holiday i can chill out in the garden. Can go to the beach on any nice day. A lot to be said for here on a nice day. A bit warmer than when we were in Nairobi last week with unbroken sunshine and no rain.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Karnevil9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

July cannot come quick enough, Ten days off work will be like heaven & all the stuff you can't seem to get done untill you got quite a bit of time off.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I am in the process of organising and booking the family 5 and a half week summer European Tour. I suppose you could call it our Farewell to the EU Tour.

For trips in the past I've used Tripadviser for inspiration on where to go and things to do. It seems like they've changed their format so that the site is a complete load of wank now. Dominated by a load of stupid commercial adverts for stupid tours that I'd never have any interest in anyway.

This is a prime example of what I'm talking about (assuming you see the same thing on your screen that I see on mine?):
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... bania.html

OK, maybe I could click a couple of times to get past the worst of the commercial crap, but why should I bother when I never used to have to?
It's just annoying when they had a perfectly good site for years and now they've gone and fucked it up.

TroutFisher
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

Well, if you are looking for places to stay and things to do, just drill down through the pages and you’ll find what you want. I think you are simply reacting because suddenly they are giving you more choices than you were previously used to.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Tripadvisor has gone down hill big time. We have properties abroad and it used to be a good place to advertise. Then they started charging ridiculous rates of commission. I found a way round it and when they cottoned on I was banned.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

TroutFisher wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 pm Well, if you are looking for places to stay and things to do, just drill down through the pages and you’ll find what you want. I think you are simply reacting because suddenly they are giving you more choices than you were previously used to.
Yeah, but why should I have to drill down past all the commercial advertising crap to get to the information that I want?

And even then for, things to do, when accessing Tripadvisor via the foremost Google links I will be presented with one page of things to do for an entire country, with no easy way to look at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th page of things to do.

The more choices that they are presenting me with are stupid guided tours that I would never have any interest in buying anyway. The site is now shotgunning my monitor with advertising spam.

The format of the site has become annoying. Whoever is responsible for these changes should be taken out and metaphorically shot.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

It was Easter weekend madness here in The Netherlands with both the famous Tulip fields of the Keukenhof and the windmills of Kinderdijk attracting so many tourists that the parking areas were overful and people were stopping on the motorways just to make selfies. Also some visitors are walking into the fields and trampling the flowers just for the sake of a stupid photo on Facebook, causing thousands of Euros in damage. Busloads full of Chinese are the worst - they have a strange idea that this whole country is one big holiday park.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Lindsayt
Nauru

In the final photo it looks like they're about to push the girl on the left into the canal, for a laugh. And a funny photo.

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Once I get back to full power, I fancy Campagna or perhaps going back to Crete again which is friendly and good value.
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s