eBay Fees

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

eBay Fees

Unread post by George Hincapie »

I sold my streamer on eBay this evening but am a little confused about the fees. PayPal seems to have taken a massive chunk; is that all the fees for the auction? Or is there more to pay? I don't sell stuff on eBay very often, but if that is simply PP fees then that is crazy. I would have had the guy pay by gift if I had realised that.

hillsanddalesrover

Re: eBay Fees

Unread post by hillsanddalesrover »

Try this Ebay and PayPal fee calculator.

http://finalfeecalc.co.uk/

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

i wouldn't say thats a massive chunk, to be fair though im used to those fees.
you will also have a final value fee from ebay on your next invoice.
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

Don't know the exact amount but Paypal fees are somewhere between 3 - 3.5% of the total sale (incl P & P) so what you have received looks right. You'll also get a bill for £84.10 from Ebay. Ouch!

You don't have the option to let the buyer pay via Paypal Gift unless you go off Ebay. That is why so many private sellers give their telephone number in the advert. It's supposedly to answer your questions, but really it's an open invite to conduct a sale off Ebay to save fees etc. Don't mention this in your Ebay messages though, they are all monitored and Ebay know if you're arranging to go off Ebay.

George Hincapie

So I'll have to pay £140 for simply selling? That is fucking insane. Jesus. I was quite happy when I saw the final sale price, but that is just taking the piss.

I won't be selling anything on eBay again. Robbing bastards.

hillsanddalesrover

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:47 pm So I'll have to pay £140 for simply selling? That is fucking insane. Jesus. I was quite happy when I saw the final sale price, but that is just taking the piss.

All the selling fees are there to be seen if you look.

Hardly makes them "robbing bastards" does it ?

George Hincapie

Oh do fuck off.

I'm already in a bad fucking mood, the last thing I need is some random fucking gob shite making me more angry. Just shut the fuck up.

Twat.

hillsanddalesrover

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm Oh do fuck off.

I'm already in a bad fucking mood, the last thing I need is some random fucking gob shite making me more angry. Just shut the fuck up.

Twat.
Language Timothy. :)

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

someones got the painters in ! :lol:
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

George Hincapie wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:47 pm So I'll have to pay £140 for simply selling? That is fucking insane. Jesus. I was quite happy when I saw the final sale price, but that is just taking the piss.

Thing is Ebay gives you the largest market place, the fees are the trade off.

I've never sold anything as expensive as your item on Ebay, but if I'm selling something at a fixed price on Ebay (rather than on an auction) I also list it a cheaper price on Gumtree and mention it in my Ebay ad. Buyer can get it cheaper, and I can make more money when the Ebay and Paypal fees are taken into consideration. Win-win situation.