Who started Grenville fire

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Who started Grenville fire

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Far from baseless, and speculation is why we have the word speculation - it does what it says on the tin.

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Had a fire started by a fridge-freezer. It was in the flat when I moved in some 20 years ago. The rubber seals were shot and the motor had to work overtime to try and maintain cooling... Burnt out, caught fire. Fortunately I have smoke detectors mains-wired into each room plus a self-closing door on the kitchen so no real harm done except to the kitchen. The FFzr must have been 15years old when I took possession and can't remember about the fuse box except it wouldn't have been a modern trip type. Might have had a two-inch nail across the fuse terminals for all know.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm The local electricity board I would put my money on it. Fridge motors don't catch fire for no reason, shit offset mains with loads of DC can do it by overheating the motor, and our mains is getting worse and worse and worse, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

So probably not a terrorist act which was my first though on hearing of the fire.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40632705