DLA DWP PIP a con to be sure

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

DLA DWP PIP a con to be sure

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

What a great land we live in when you are told you have DLA and Mobility for life and then comes along PIP's. And removes all the help you need, car, money and my smile. What a bastard of a plan thanks you UK I was born here my family go back to William and 1066 so what do I have to do to get HELP kill somebody maybe. I have paid taxes and Nat Ins all my life now I can,t work I fall over a lot and suffer from deep suicidal depression and the twats think they are helping, yes helping them selves. I will be voting anything else except the main parties maybe even the Green Party,
Oh and I have just paid out £500.00 deposit on my new mobility car which now will have to go back will I get the money back, to hell I will. It took me a year to save that now just blown away.

https://www.gov.uk/pip/overview
It can be done so imagine it.

Shevans
Great Britain

Re: DLA DWP PIP a con to be sure

Unread post by Shevans »

I feel your pain...

My son who is autistic was awarded DLA for life had to apply for PIP about a year ago and will be reassessed every two years (if we are lucky) to see if he has got better :roll:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Colin, get hold of your local Age UK (used to be Age Concern I think). They were bloody marvelous when helping my wife and I navigate the forms to be filled etc. If your local agency is like ours they have a member of staff who will come out to your home, help you apply (and more importantly tell you what to apply for) and then, when the forms arrive, sit and go through them with you, take them away, and fill them in. They will also follow up if the DWP seem to be dragging their heels.
We couldn't have managed without them.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

slinger wrote:Colin, get hold of your local Age UK (used to be Age Concern I think). They were bloody marvelous when helping my wife and I navigate the forms to be filled etc. If your local agency is like ours they have a member of staff who will come out to your home, help you apply (and more importantly tell you what to apply for) and then, when the forms arrive, sit and go through them with you, take them away, and fill them in. They will also follow up if the DWP seem to be dragging their heels.
We couldn't have managed without them.
Maria has done these before and I got according to there on line scam test full marks, the shit is I have only had this new car 2 weeks, having had the last one for 3 years.
It can be done so imagine it.

antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Sorry to hear of your problems Colin but I think you should take Mr Slinger's advice. Good luck.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

The nasty party strikes again.
DIY FREE ZONE

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

antonio66 wrote:Sorry to hear of your problems Colin but I think you should take Mr Slinger's advice. Good luck.
Agreed. The problem is that there are those who rip the backside out of the system and others suffer as a result. The big problem is that those sufferers are those who are least able to take it.

Folks see "government money" as free - it's not. It's your money and mine and the cheaters are stealing from us as well as hurting the less able. The problem is people, I'm afraid, and governments have to try and manage it. It's never going to suit everyone! Cold comfort unfortunately.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

Chunk McDaniel
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Citizens Advice Bureau can also appoint a welfare rights officer who will deal with your claim or appeal and they know the system better than you or I.They know exactly what answers are needed for the no doubt loaded questions on the forms. They also add a bit of weight to your claim should you need it.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

TheMadMick wrote:
antonio66 wrote:Sorry to hear of your problems Colin but I think you should take Mr Slinger's advice. Good luck.
Agreed. The problem is that there are those who rip the backside out of the system and others suffer as a result. The big problem is that those sufferers are those who are least able to take it.

Folks see "government money" as free - it's not. It's your money and mine and the cheaters are stealing from us as well as hurting the less able. The problem is people, I'm afraid, and governments have to try and manage it. It's never going to suit everyone! Cold comfort unfortunately.
Corporate tax evasion is estimated to cost the country at least 100 times more than benefit fraud every year. Perhaps we could also get some contribution from the 5 billionaire non-doms who own the sections of the British media that demonise benefit claimants...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

savvypaul wrote:
TheMadMick wrote:

Corporate tax evasion is estimated to cost the country at least 100 times more than benefit fraud every year. Perhaps we could also get some contribution from the 5 billionaire non-doms who own the sections of the British media that demonise benefit claimants...
Absolutely agreed. I think the love of money is the root of all evil - so says the Good Book and this is one aspect.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).