on line auction bidding cock up

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jayman67
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

on line auction bidding cock up

Unread post by jayman67 »

i spotted a pair of yamaha ns-1000m speakers listed in auction and bid £400 on them via the saleroom.com.
i was watching the auction live on my mobile and when the bidding passed my £400 i thought id have 1 more bid,trouble is it keep saying 'your the highest bidder'! the auction ended i won them for £500,the total including buyers comission comes to £608

my worry is i didnt bid £500! im going to contact the saleroom.com tomorrow and explain,have i got any chance?
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: on line auction bidding cock up

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Just don't pay for them, they will moan but there is nothing they can do but give a black mark on your record. The seller will have to relist them and he will moan about time wasters.

BTW - IMO they are not worth that money, they are not as good speaker as some make out. BUT see for yourself.

jayman67

its not ebay doc but an actually auction house,the online bidding is handled by a company called the sale room.com
i was thinking of just not paying but they have my debit card details as part of the registration so they may take the money,although they dont have the 3 digit security number.
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Contact your bank and stop it, claim you do not agree to them taking your money.

Contact the auction house and tell them you remove permission for them to use your card and according to the data protection act you require them to remove details of it from their files.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

£608 is a good price. Buy them and try them then put them on Ebay and make a profit. You bid so you morally you should pay.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

He made a mistake, if they don't accept that then feck'em. The number of times I could have been awkward with customers because they made an accidental cock up, what is the point. The only people I fall out with are those that act the arse.

jayman67

as far as i know they are in full working order but not tested,my worry is i get them back and all the drivers are buggered but id have to be very very unlucky for that to happen,fingers crossed,touch wood!

i phoned up the company that handles the online bidding and they say i did bid £500,it would appear i did type the 5 instead of the 4!

i might chuck the supex sd-900 super cartridge on the bay to soften the blow

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I'm sure those Yams would sell if you don't like them, even if they have a faulty driver.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That is the daft thing, all the bloody sheep. Just like LS3/5a, because people have to be told and don't find out for themselves. They are not crap, just not very good.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

As long as most the drivers are working fine, I'd go ahead and complete the purchase.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... 00m&_sop=3

You can always sell them, either whole or in parts to make a nice little profit on your £608.

You never know, you might prefer them over your MA's.