United Ireland

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

United Ireland

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

But with whom?

Half the N Irish are Catholic and S Ireland inclined and the other half are ex Scottish protestants, and want to keep the union. There was always a prots numbers majority, but this has been becoming lower and lower. Brexit may mean enough prots would prefer to stay in the EU, so there may be a majority in a vote for a united Ireland OR if Scotland votes to leave the UK would they be better off merged with Scotland.

For me the *only* reason Ireland has not been united is because it has to be done democratically, not by force the way the IRA tried. I for one, and I think lots in the gov, couldn't give a sod if it happens, it seems only natural to me. A side *benefit* from Brexit to finally solve the Irish problem after centuries or religious inspired conflict. Yet another reason to get rid of religion all together!!!

Interesting times.

Roll on England (and Wales if they want) to become a nation on their own, and able to concentrate on our own needs. All I will say is look out Luxembourg and Switzerland, there maybe an even more clever crook (City of London) coming to take away all your illicit goodies. That scare the shits out of the #1 Lux crook who runs the EU unelected mafia at the mo - Jean Claude Wanker.

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: United Ireland

Unread post by TheMadMick »

I gotta respond!!!

I was born in N Ireland into protestant family. I adopted my parents values until I got married and got sick of "The Troubles". I've been in England nearly 40 years.

Your argument is part true and part false. Your culture is not the same as that in N Ireland (and neither is mine any more). Until you change the values and attitudes of the vast majority of folk in N Ireland, there will not be a united Ireland. However, if Scotland breaks away (bigger fools them) then the whole game changes and you get the same situation in reverse!

Interestingly, most of the folk in S Ireland couldn't give a toss!!
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).