Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am not worried about anything, as in the end nothing will change as I have been saying all along, what was going to be is still going to be, it has to happen - Brexit is just a side show. When something is out of balance nature ALWAYS works to recreate balance which normally means a swing the opposite way to another unbalanced extremity. AND vested interests will always try to maintain the status quo. Do you seriously think 10 years or even 100 years in the life of man means sweet feck all. In the end the world will come together slowly as groups, but not artificially only when *the way* (tao) is right. The next hundred years IMO = no money as we know it (not needed), the new post industrial revolution in genetics, the end of all religion (thank god :lol: ), the new capitalism (a persons capital being their skill) and many thing I can't even think off, and maybe not those I have thought of as history will show you we are rarely right in predictions. BUT the new way will be a new way.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Fretless wrote:Despite the fact that I regard myself as a European citizen - actually I agree with you on most of that Doc.
The EU ain't perfect - but can the UK survive without it ?

Just be very, very worried about the Conservative Party and the way in which they are taking advantage of the situation.
But if they screw up Fret, we'll have an opportunity to vote the bastards out next time.. Something nobody can do with the Junker's (and his ilk) of the EU!

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Great stuff here from Tony Benn from 1975. https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/a ... eferendum/#

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Every time that arse Juncker opens his mouth the more he drives us closer to saying feck-you mate, we are off!!!

This is the message from me an internationalist, I refuse to bow down to the non elected fascism that is the EU executive, all they are doing is making things worse. We should be only negotiating with the elected officials of the member states governments. We should completely ignore Brussels and especially the EU so called parliament, which in reality is just an expenses slurp shop.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The EU officials and many of the EU member states have conflicting needs...

Britain must get a punitive deal to discourage others from thinking about leaving.
Britain must get a fair deal because we need their trade and funding of joint ventures.
Britain must get a punitive deal so we can be stronger when we deal with Trump.
Britain must get a fair deal so that we can present a united Europe.
Britain must get a punitive deal so that we can tempt businesses away from them to us.
Britain must get a fair deal so that our businesses and people can continue to flourish there.

The difficulty now is, for all of us in Britain and Europe to win (or to lose as little as possible), then Europe and, more specifically, the EU institution, must initially appear to lose.

Bad deal for Britain results in bad deal for EU. We both lose. The financial problems caused by letting significantly differing economies share a single currency without levers to mitigate for individual failings...will be multiplied. The political fall out from a bad deal will damage the EU internally and in relations with the US and Commonwealth.

Europe has to swallow it's pride and it has to accept that 27 countries are not yet ready for it's most idealistic freedoms. There's nothing wrong with freedom of movement - but there's plenty wrong with inadequate local services, inequality and poverty. It went too quickly, without planning and management. The Euro is doomed, give it up. Give individual states back the ability to manage their own finances. Concentrate on being a trading block, and with all the common sense that should involve.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Every time that arse Juncker opens his mouth the more he drives us closer to saying feck-you mate, we are off!!!

This is the message from me an internationalist, I refuse to bow down to the non elected fascism that is the EU executive, all they are doing is making things worse. We should be only negotiating with the elected officials of the member states governments. We should completely ignore Brussels and especially the EU so called parliament, which in reality is just an expenses slurp shop.
Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?
Postby Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:32 am

It is a really comfortable and faintly amusing position to not give a shite what you lot decide, I wont be voting. So much hot air for something that will not make any bloody difference in the long run, just some short term irritation.

Crystal ball would be nice.

http://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.p ... 1&p=133094
I remember saying to you that if you don't vote you don't get to moan about the outcome, and you agreed, so stop bloody moaning. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am not moaning I am discussing, some parts negative some positive , my position has not changed. *what was going to happen is going to happen anyway*.

My position has only been modified in that pre Brexit vote I felt we should do it from the inside and help it fall apart, now we will have to do it from the outside, but the result will be the same.

*IMO*

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I am not moaning I am discussing, some parts negative some positive , my position has not changed. *what was going to happen is going to happen anyway*.

My position has only been modified in that pre Brexit vote I felt we should do it from the inside and help it fall apart, now we will have to do it from the outside, but the result will be the same.

*IMO*
Ah! Doc you must be of the Yes Minister/Prime Minster school of thought on Europe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYuoWyk8iU

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Indeed so young man Image

Dr Bunsen Honeydew