So How Is The Trumpster Working Out For The Brits Now?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: So How Is The Trumpster Working Out For The Brits Now?

Unread post by terrybooth »

+1
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Well you had the choice 250 years ago whether to go for a Parliamentary system or a Republican presidential system. A nominal head of state who everything is done in the name off but has no power to change it seems safer, but even under that system we still have dominance by one side or the other. We had the chance a few years back to add proportional representation to it and daftly rejected it in a vote. But there again Germany, Netherlands etc has a proportional system, is it better, well it creates its own problems, but I for one would prefer it. It does give minority interests a bigger voice, including the extremists.

For me the big problem in the US is general ignorance of the alternatives and what happens in the rest of the world, the USA is always best and always right USA USA USA is the chant, well sadly given its power I wish it was, but it isn't.
I don't think they considered consulting me when they made that decision. :(

Sometimes you don't see the flaws in a system till something like this happens. When I was younger, I probably considered this form of government to be well balanced. And perhaps this is, and the current events are an anomaly. In my opinion there should be distinct separation between government, religion, and business. Ther are protections for each segment from each other in this way. Now we have lost the separation of business and government at the moment. With business effectively dictacting government policy, its going to be interesting to see how things shake out. I see a lot of downsides from this situation.

With that said, I don't see Trump getting his budget through Congress as it sits. It is suicide for those up for election soon to cut help to low income seniors in regards to food. Or the arts, or legal aide. It seems there is a lot of resistance to Ryan care, and the Affordable Care Act could possibly stay in place.

But the fellow is making a mess of things. I think people will get a rude awakening of exactly what they voted for. While they may get what they deserve, its going to be a painful and perhaps sad series of events.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Perhaps a lesson needed to be learnt. Just make sure he doesn't make himself so powerful he can't be stopped - dictatorship!

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Wonder what the odds are for him to be assassinated, hope to god the stray bullet don't hit his poor boy standing behind him. :-?
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is only people who try to stop the crooks making money like Kennedy who get shot.

Neilardo
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Neilardo »

Here’s a link to some of John Olivers stuff which has been posted on U-tube, in case you haven’t come across it yet.
It’s quite long but it’s also pretty funny.
And yes I’m sure Trump supporters will be able to find loads of factual errors and cite “alternative facts”, I’m no expert and I’m not saying this guy is one either.
However, my thoughts and feelings about what appears to be a slow-motion-train-wreck of a US presidency are summed up pretty well in these clips. WTF is Trump doing and (more importantly) why? WHY?
John Oliver on Trump
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Self delusion, or just madness?

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QfZgiQaeyo[/BBvideo]
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Split personality - what I want to do - what I can do - he is learning that running a democracy is not like being the dictator of a Corporation. You may well find everyone of his contentious election boasts will be rejected either by the legislators or the judiciary.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

There is no happy ending.

He will manipulate power so as to effectively become dictator and make hundreds of millions of dollars for himself and his backers while ruining many ordinary people.

He will become so frustrated at being blocked by courts and senate that he will throw a huge tantrum...and ruin many ordinary people.

He will be assassinated and the extremists around him will take over and do the above.

The best outcome is that he declares that the American system does not deserve someone so 'great' and he resigns...or he is impeached
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It doesn't look like he will be able to get anything through congress. Hopefully if not impeached he will have had enough after 4 years. I think Republicans will stop him running again. Extremists are in the minority.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)