The Grateful Dead.....

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: The Grateful Dead.....

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

You are getting as bad a slinger .

slinger asked I question .I did not answer it , I told a true story . You have both run off at tangents with your own bollocks interpretation of the story and more concerningly attempted to argue that is what I meant and I am wrong !! . Now if you have a point please make it and it will show you why it is bollocks .

As for "locking jaws" I was making no claims to physiology . However if something cannot be opened by a human it is for all intents and purposes locked.

It is easy to tell you are more used of making a point on AOS . Abject Oratory Styles .

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

Daniel Quinn wrote: I told a true story .
Well, at least I understand about the 'accidentally biting the dog's paw'; in fact you deliberately bit it.

Daniel Quinn

FFS , I accidentally bit it to an extent that I caused my dog pain .

can we have a new rule , that posts will be removed if a point is not made ........... on second thoughts some people will be rendered silent by such a rule so forgot it .

joe

Unread post by joe »

Daniel Quinn wrote:FFS , I accidentally bit it to an extent that I caused my dog pain .
Indeed, but I took your story as meaning that somehow you'd inadvertently put the dog's paw in your mouth and closed your teeth on it, and I couldn't envisage how that
could have happened.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Not at all. You repeated some false ideas that are behind the flawed and knee jerk dangerous dog legislation, I pointed out how what you said, referring to locking jaws was a miss-truth, and went on to say that the problem is always people, and the biggest problem is people assuming dogs will behave like humans and interpreting their responses as humans. You also said that if a dog bit your child you would insist on it being put down and chase the owner for money. I provided a example how that response may be unfair which you misunderstood (why you did that I can't know, but you did). You then told a story about your childhood that I think told us something more than you intended it too, and I pointed out that it was a classic example of what I had said was a problem, the human interpretation of canine behaviour. You then started responding emotionally.

Bull breeds in particular were/are created for their powerful jaws, personally, I would prefer being bitten once by a SBT than 20 times by a German Sheppard, but ideally neither would happen.

Daniel Quinn

Joe :I find it best if one does not embellish what people say .If one as difficulty appreciating anything and it is relevant then best to ask for clarification . However I am buggered if I can understand why the minutiae of the actual mechanism of the incident is of any relevance.

I am reminded of the following exchange .

me - your insured hit my client in the rear .

insurer . can you provide a more detailed description of the accident .

me - No .

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

I think this thread needs a new title - talk about drift!

On the subject of dogs however; I have a Staffie cross (possibly with Boxer). I think that she is one of the sweetest natured dogs that I have owned, and I hope it is down to the way she has been treated in our family.
However, she has good teeth, a strong jaw and powerful muscles so I try to make sure that she is under control at all times.

I get really pissed off when we are on a walk and breeds of dog which are considered safe, but are off the lead (and so technically "out of control") run over and attack my dog. I know damn well that if I were to allow my Staffie to respond it would become another case of "bull breed terror".
The idea given in an earlier post that certain breeds should be made extinct really is bollocks.
Certain owners need to be controlled or banned from dog ownership.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn

Lurcher300b wrote:Not at all. You repeated some false ideas that are behind the flawed and knee jerk dangerous dog legislation, I pointed out how what you said, referring to locking jaws was a miss-truth, and went on to say that the problem is always people, and the biggest problem is people assuming dogs will behave like humans and interpreting their responses as humans. You also said that if a dog bit your child you would insist on it being put down and chase the owner for money. I provided a example how that response may be unfair which you misunderstood (why you did that I can't know, but you did). You then told a story about your childhood that I think told us something more than you intended it too, and I pointed out that it was a classic example of what I had said was a problem, the human interpretation of canine behaviour. You then started responding emotionally.

Bull breeds in particular were/are created for their powerful jaws, personally, I would prefer being bitten once by a SBT than 20 times by a German Sheppard, but ideally neither would happen.
Please advise where I have anthromorphised dogs .

As for the rest of your diatribe about locking jaws , you are once again telling me what I meant . Don't be a prat . I am very literal and I say what I mean it is an occupational hazard , had I meant to say these dogs had physiological jaws that locked , it would of course of aided my argument[ if true] and I would have said so .

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

It is quite clear which dogs have dangerous temperaments and powerful locking bites . These dogs should be bred out of existence.
Assuming you are as you say occupationally literal, I would say its telling that you used both powerful and locking, when you are now saying you regard them as synonyms.

Daniel Quinn

FFS - I said locking in so much as it was incapable of being opened by a human , ipso facto it is for all intents and purposes locked , you desire to read in to this that I was making a claim about physiology that I don't actually have a bloody clue about is self serving and ridiculous .

no incidents of anthromorphising I see . :lol: