The Grateful Dead.....

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: The Grateful Dead.....

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Wtf lurcher. You set a dog on a child who is teasing it. :o

May I suggest you act like an adult and stop the child.

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Try reading what I actually wrote.

"I agree, but it goes both ways, what (for example) if your child had been poking the dog through a fence with a sharp stick for the last half hour, and then someone opened the gate and let the dog out. Who would you blame then?"

After being tormented, the dog is released by accident. There was no adult present before the gate was opened.

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Ah the discussion of pets. I have owned both cats and dogs, and am not personally fond of cats. Now dogs have to be on leashes, in fenced yards, and generally controlled by responsible owners. It is not always that case, but in a metro area or suburbia, it works that way.

On the other hand its acceptable for people to let their cats roam the neighborhood. Said cat can shit in your flower beds, piss on your car tires, or be a general nuisance. And eventually run out in front of your car and get itself flattened....and then owners are sad. Keep your damn cat indoors! I once bought the wife a very nice Dodge Caravan, the nicest car we owned. I walked out to it one day and there were cat scratch claws going down the hood. Cat had gotten up there to get some engine heat warmth, and apparently slid or jumped off. So my couple of year old Caravan was vandalized by a neighborhood cat, and its all acceptable. Never hated cats, like all animals....but my acceptance of cats and most cat owners went down considerably during my time in that house.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Daniel Quinn wrote: When I was a child , I had a Labrador from the age of 8 to 20 . He was called Tim and he was lovely. playing with him when I was about 10 , I accidentally bit his paw were it was unbeknown to me cut . He snapped at me and caught my cheek with his incisor teeth and left rather a large hole in my left cheek. He was not put down .
I've done some dumb things in my time, but by the age of ten even I would have known that putting a dog's paw anywhere near my mouth was a bad idea, cut or not. I'm trying to visualise a scenario in which you could have bitten his paw 'accidentally', but am not succeeding.

Daniel Quinn

joe wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote: When I was a child , I had a Labrador from the age of 8 to 20 . He was called Tim and he was lovely. playing with him when I was about 10 , I accidentally bit his paw were it was unbeknown to me cut . He snapped at me and caught my cheek with his incisor teeth and left rather a large hole in my left cheek. He was not put down .
I've done some dumb things in my time, but by the age of ten even I would have known that putting a dog's paw anywhere near my mouth was a bad idea, cut or not. I'm trying to visualise a scenario in which you could have bitten his paw 'accidentally', but am not succeeding.
Joe you have always been 95 . We were playing. Dogs like to play . I was forever playfully biting his nose and paws and he would playfully bite my hand to try and stop me.

Lurcher300b

We were playing. Dogs like to play . I was forever playfully biting his nose and paws and he would playfully bite my hand to try and stop me.
One of the most important part of training a dog is to suppress its bite reflex. Your "play" had the opposite result. Could I suggest this is a example of expecting a dog to behave like a human? And more importantly interpreting its behaviour in human terms.

Daniel Quinn

You can suggest all the bollocks you like.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

You bit a dog, the dog bit you back. How was that the dog's fault, and were you punished for your part in it D.Q?
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Daniel Quinn

Folded.
There is no response to lurchers cod dog psychology except it is bollocks.

And slinger is doing is usual trick of assuming he understands the point I made and then arguing with himself in a manner reminiscent of father jack.

Lurcher300b

Whatever, my point is how easy it is to misunderstand the relationship dynamics between humans and dogs. Claiming my understanding is flawed is probably true, but it is based on conversation with more than one fully trained canine behaviourist. The fact that you still believe that "locking jaws" exist throw more doubt on your understanding of this subject.