Do you brexit voters think it will still happen

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Do you brexit voters think it will still happen

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well the signs are written large, not just from the people upward but in some countries like Hungary, Poland it is from the top downward. This *could* change the game re Brexit completely. It is the slimy business account unrepresentative eeeeeeeeediots who think they run the EU in Brussels who are out of touch and living in delusion ville. Hopefully they will get so out of touch and pointless they will be sacked, then it is a new game with British ideas as to the future of the EU becoming centre stage. "The Brits save Europe", how many times has that happened in the last 200 odd years :lol: :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37372029

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hats off to the rise of the far right. :clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Not so fast Jammy, this is a different far right in many ways, and it is temp reaction in order to provide a counter to the present stupidity. Many people who are naturally not this right are involved, but will become *normal* when the situation becomes normal. BIG PROBLEM / DANGER is we have seen the same before in the 1930's and the danger of giving power to the extreme right (as in Russia at the moment) is they just keep it as Hitler and Mussolini and Salazar and Franco did.

This EU far right is very much because of immigration and Islamophobia, with a lesser flavour of pissed off with Brussels.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The backlash against is now well underway, the Lib Dems will gain from it, we are back to 3 party politics again, with a difference. It is now the pro brexit v the anti brexit v Corbyn's loonies.

I will say I am certain in my own mind there will be a new vote, either on the terms or even as a general election on the process of starting article 50. And the new vote will be in essence to stay in. BUT this has served its purpose the Euro Elite feel threatened, they are frightened, they now know the whole concept of the EU has to change or it is certain to fail, no matter how long it is propped up for.

In the new vote I again will refuse to vote because as I predicted the whole process has been a costly waste of time. AND no matter what the result nothing of consequence will change.

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

It's wrong if it doesn't happen, but the longer it drags on the more I can see us getting fucked over from one direction or another.

Wankers.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

better send your au-pair back to Marseille then :lol:

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Daniel Quinn wrote:better send your au-pair back to Marseille then :lol:
Can't I take her as a second wife or something? Oh, wait...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

More EU fun in the making. Now this vote in Italy is important, what it is is another poke in the eye for the EU elite who think they have us bullshitted by their arrogant elitism, not so!

This could end up being the death knell of the United States of Europe concept so beloved of the pompous elite. In this aspect if Italy now goes for an EU out ref as is now very likely, it has the the same "pissed off we want change" momentum behind it as Brexit had. Why is it more serious than Brexit, well the UK has always been semidetached, so this could be foreseen, and dismissed as the nutty Brits again, but Italy, no way, they are one of the founding fathers, the foundation of the concept.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

George Hincapie wrote:It's wrong if it doesn't happen, but the longer it drags on the more I can see us getting fucked over from one direction or another.

Wankers.
Couldn't have put it better myself. :evil: :evil:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

jammy395 wrote:Tories are only party that are prepared to obey the public vote (instead of scrapping democracy).

HIP, HIP, HOORAH. :clap:

But really any attempt to have another vote, would have been farcical.
The people have spoken, the result a majority.....End of.
Less than a quarter of British people voted for Brexit........that's the fuck up with first past the post.

It will take many many years for UK plc to show any semblance of positive outcomes from Brexit - in the meantime the Tories will attempt to reshape the UK so that they have total control of UK and limit/reverse devolution
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s