Formula 1

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Formula 1

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Formula 1 is broken, I have no further interest in it. Someone should start a new one leaving all the financial bollocks behind including Ecclestone and try to create a sport again, as what we have now no one could call a sport.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: Formula 1

Unread post by jammy395 »

Here, here. :auto-crash:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It would seem eccleston no longer cares what Europe thinks , it as all about emerging dictator countries these days .

alfafan123

Unread post by alfafan123 »

It used to be exciting with Damon Hill battling Schumaker and Nigel Mansell battling Ayton Senna(RIP) etc but it isn't anymore, in fact it is now a boring procession so sadly I don't even follow it let alone watch it anymore.

Suspect it is going the same way as football with money driving everything...not good :cry:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Football as many faults , but the quality of the spectacle is better than ever . The speed, rhythm and precision of premier league football is breath-taking .

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Football as many faults , but the quality of the spectacle is better than ever . The speed, rhythm and precision of premier league football is breath-taking .
+1

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Formula 1 = bland drivers moving cars in a procession = boring. The "sport" desperately needs a driver with some "character" to get more than back page coverage. I would not be surprised if drivers are under orders not to do anything which might in some way bring the sponsors into disrepute. In my opinion F1 is now more about money than anything else. I stopped bothering years ago. It's now as exciting as watching creosote dry.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Mobile advertising pretending to be a sport.

Ban advertising. Give me Green cars, Red cars etc as per country.

My personal choice would be to reinstate Formula Libre - anything goes, like prewar. Biggest engine you want, anyone can enter, a hundred if that is what happens, three days of elimination, fastest 20 go into the race proper. At the moment the winners would be the F1 cars from the early 2000's as they were the fastest of the breed, but if popularity could be established then new build would happen. Old F1 cars v Cart or Indy :mrgreen:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Bring back.......
Better than F1..jpg
Better than F1..jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 3446 times
:mrgreen: :guiness;

alfafan123

Unread post by alfafan123 »

Admittedly not formula 1 but the best race I have been to was the Silverstone 6 hour relay race in which full works Porsche, Jaguar and Aston Martin teams competed against owner club teams including the Austin A35 team, about 20 teams in all. Each team has four cars and the race is handicapped so the works teams have to go like the clappers to beat the owner club teams. Thrills spills breakdowns mechanical carnage in the pits , teams helping each other out with spares and giving a helping hand.. Can't remember which team won but it didn't matter brilliant fun!