Hello

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello

Unread post by brit-pop »

Nee worries. Each to their own I say.

Interested in what would compel you to join a forum though. What's yer gear, ambitions for your system or area of interest in particular?

blaymire

Unread post by blaymire »

well this way i can converse without actually meeting , and share views etc . i like my music and i like my system (more details later) but to me it's a personal thing , i was going to join AOS but they seem obsessed with wanting pictures of everything and ,to be perfectly honest, i cannot see the point (you cannot hear a photo !!) but it seems on this site you can have a good discussion without having to photograph the bloody thing.
if you don't want me to be sociable , i can log-off and not bother to post anymore ?? just say the word , i won't be offended !! :cry:

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Must confess I love a good photo or two.

I just find forums to be a two way street in my experience. You get back what you contribute. Hope you don't think I'm being too critical here, it's just a way of getting to know what people's interests are. CD or Vinyl, flea powered valve amps or hefty solid state, horn speakers or electrostatics, that kind of thing.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

I think forums like this are ideal for you Chris. It means you can chat through cyberspace with people you don't want to meet up with in person.
AOL is a great forum in a certain way. HFS has yet to reach the numbers of members as AOS but it does have a kind of directness that i find refreshing. Don't log off Chris. Just don't bother with post or posters you don't like the look of. One of them may well be me? Ha ha. :guiness;
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Everyone has something to contribute. We all learn from what we and others do (and from the stupid mistakes we make). You have the right to your own opinion - what YOU hear and want from your music is what really matters. :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The point of this forum is to be discrete, you tell us exactly what you want there will be no demands made on you to do ANYTHING apart from our ad hominem rule, which means address the post not the poster especially if you disagree or don't like him, we want no conflict here amoungst us. The opposite goes for the rest of the web especially other hi-fi forums. You can diss them as much as you like, either members or as an entity, that is one of the main reasons people can maintain being incognito here if that is what they want. AND also no trade spamming or shilling, be an enthusiast, like things with pleasure and talk about them. WE will soon tell you to stop being a fan boy if we think it is going too far :mrgreen:

Progmeister
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The point of this forum is to be discrete, you tell us exactly what you want there will be no demands made on you to do ANYTHING apart from our ad hominem rule, which means address the post not the poster especially if you disagree or don't like him, we want no conflict here amoungst us. The opposite goes for the rest of the web especially other hi-fi forums. You can diss them as much as you like, either members or as an entity, that is one of the main reasons people can maintain being incognito here if that is what they want. AND also no trade spamming or shilling, be an enthusiast, like things with pleasure and talk about them. WE will soon tell you to stop being a fan boy if we think it is going too far :mrgreen:
nicely put Doc.

blaymire

Unread post by blaymire »

i may reveal my system , but i think that what i play my music on is unimportant . the type of music we listen to is surely more important than what we use to reproduce it ?? , which is why i won't join AOS , i have scanned the posts on that forum and all i see is posts about equipment and very little mention about music .
i suppose you could class my system as high-ish-end , but i bought it because it plays music in the way that suits me , and not so i can tell other people what i own and wait for them to say 'wow' .

i listen to vinyl and CD and enjoy both and my taste in music covers a very wide spectrum, but i'm afraid i'm not a fan of 'The Voice' or X-Factor type entertainment . if anybody would like to contact me privately , my email address is c.boyle4@aol.co.uk. feel free to 'drop me a line' :eusa-whistle:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You need to look at motivation. AoS wants or should say is demanded to be a community by the owner who lords over it as a dictator. So demands are made on you to tow the line, their rules, which are made up by the owner and broken by him when he wants to.

We have a community here of sorts but there are no demands for you to participate, anyway it is based on a pretty piss taking sense of humour, which is probably my fault. BUT you like every member can be as individual as you like.

Progmeister
Great Britain

If you fancy a spell of troll victimisation try the wam for a while. Alas I am like many before me persona non grata there because I upset some of the tribal members by daring to answer back in there own tongue. Sadly because they were misinformed by a minority. ( I have my suspicion who it was but can't prove it ) it's a lot better here Chris that's for sure.
Last edited by Progmeister on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.