Labour Party

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Labour Party

Unread post by slinger »

I'm afraid I voted for Andy Burnham. Much as I like what Corbyn has to say I honestly believe he's unelectable. He'll be painted as everything from a Communist to someone who eats babies by the time we reach the next general election, and that's if he even retains the leadership that long. What we've done, is in my opinion, hand votes to UKIP...and that's an unmitigated disaster. Worst of all though, Jeremy Corbyn is an Arsenal supporter. Mind you, Burnham's a bloody Everton supporter; what a choice! :doh:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brit-pop »

Alfi wrote:
brit-pop wrote:Nonsense, I voted for Jeremy and Tom. Their job is not to win the election but to rediscover the soul of the party and hand it to the man or woman who will.

This needed to happen. We could no more return to the Blair years than we could return to the Foot era. This is not a return to the past but about forming a credible opposition again which is truly progressive. Jeremy has a tough job on his hand but he has the weight of popular opinion behind him.
I agree with you br-itpop. I'm no labour supporter but this was a great result for grass roots Labour.

The biggest theeat we as a country face is the EU - so let's hope Corbyn's past scepticism comes to the fore along with his dislike of establishment bastards.

I'd like to see Tony B Liars head on a pike staff outside the gates to Downing street as a warning to the illuminati loving f'kin traitors!

Alfi.
Ha, now we're talking.

To be honest I'd settle for anyone who cares not a jot for pleasing the sun reading imbeciles in this country.

Also sod the UKIP vote as well. Worst we can do is try and win them over, capricious lot they are.

If we object to Europe then it must be on the basis that it is fundamentally undemocratic amd either it changes or we're out.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Great post.

A labour leader with some backbone.
The gutter press are right now looking for any way, however tenuous they may find, to link Jez to IS, the IRA ,Vladimir Putin or any other nasty bastards they can unearth.
This will show the terror that has gripped the Right wing hedgemony.
I give it 18 hours before it starts.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Without the middle ground no one is electable. Extremes create activists, middle ground is people who just want to get on with their lives, it is them that have to be lied to in order to motivate them to vote, get them and you get elected, without them you don't. Corbyn has been elected by activists, 'cos he is one, and the party will die with him, but they will enjoy themselves in the process being *active* :mrgreen:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am not a leftist or a rightist, I am a realist. ;)

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

:mrgreen:
GROUNDSKEEPER-WILLIE-SCOTTISH-INDEPENDENCE........jpg
GROUNDSKEEPER-WILLIE-SCOTTISH-INDEPENDENCE........jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
:guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The only thing more devoid of reality than leftists or rightists is nationalists.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

brit-pop wrote:
Alfi wrote:
brit-pop wrote:Nonsense, I voted for Jeremy and Tom. Their job is not to win the election but to rediscover the soul of the party and hand it to the man or woman who will.

This needed to happen. We could no more return to the Blair years than we could return to the Foot era. This is not a return to the past but about forming a credible opposition again which is truly progressive. Jeremy has a tough job on his hand but he has the weight of popular opinion behind him.
I agree with you br-itpop. I'm no labour supporter but this was a great result for grass roots Labour.

The biggest theeat we as a country face is the EU - so let's hope Corbyn's past scepticism comes to the fore along with his dislike of establishment bastards.

I'd like to see Tony B Liars head on a pike staff outside the gates to Downing street as a warning to the illuminati loving f'kin traitors!

Alfi.
Ha, now we're talking.

To be honest I'd settle for anyone who cares not a jot for pleasing the sun reading imbeciles in this country.

Also sod the UKIP vote as well. Worst we can do is try and win them over, capricious lot they are.

If we object to Europe then it must be on the basis that it is fundamentally undemocratic amd either it changes or we're out.

I can understand your misgivings regarding UKIP it's a fairly young party that does unfortunately attract passionate folk who often freely post strong and often unsavoury comments. I'll come clean and state I am very concerned about the future of our country, the way it is moving under strong influence from the EU so much so I really fear for the future of my children and Grand children. Therefore I joined UKIP :shock: in order to find out more without misquotes and propaganda from the establishment media..

Nigel Farage love him or hate him, is always misquoted by the media. I have first hand experience of this having overheard his interview by BBC Wales during the UKIP Wales conference only for his comments to be entirely twisted in the news headlines later that day :angry-screaming:

Europe is being dictated to by Oberfurer Merkel and her suitors Schmidt, Hollande and Junker. The entire Euro project is an unmitigated disaster that is beginning to unravel and is soon to be out of control. It is very frightening.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Without the middle ground no one is electable. Extremes create activists, middle ground is people who just want to get on with their lives, it is them that have to be lied to in order to motivate them to vote, get them and you get elected, without them you don't. Corbyn has been elected by activists, 'cos he is one, and the party will die with him, but they will enjoy themselves in the process being *active* :mrgreen:
So the present shower are middle ground eh
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Compared with Hitler they are left wing :lol:

I said "middle ground is people who just want to get on with their lives, it is them that have to be lied to in order to motivate them to vote, get them and you get elected, without them you don't." So the "present lot" have been better liars.