Should the 5 min rule stay

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Should the 5 min rule stay

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I would think the reaction at AoS to booting someone who *can't* comply with one of his daft invented rules would stop even him doing it. He has lost or booted enough members already and a lot of them end up here to haunt him :mrgreen: Credibility (what little is left) is at stake here, it is the threat he wants to use, he doesn't want to lose more members, he wants to be able to control them.

A classic example of the man is going on at the moment on some thread about selfies. Joe dares to be critical of him :lol: he is hilarious why can't more of the membership see it, or are they all sitting on their hands.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

ArseHats wrote: How are you imagining he will behave towards those who post negatively about him here unde the 5 minute rule?
I can see how the rule protects anti-Marcl posts for the purposes of HFS. Their authors? Not so much.
Protection from what ArseHats? Personally I don't know why anyone would be so desperate as to conform to any censorship just to remain on a bloody internet forum. If the bloke threatened me with a ban for saying what I thought I'd simply tell the twat to poke it up his arse !
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

zebbo wrote:
ArseHats wrote: How are you imagining he will behave towards those who post negatively about him here unde the 5 minute rule?
I can see how the rule protects anti-Marcl posts for the purposes of HFS. Their authors? Not so much.
Protection from what ArseHats? Personally I don't know why anyone would be so desperate as to conform to any censorship just to remain on a bloody internet forum. If the bloke threatened me with a ban for saying what I thought I'd simply tell the twat to poke it up his arse !
That's what I did (more politely). Introducing this 5 min rule is bowing to Marco's dictatorship as by this he is influencing the way HFS is run. People should not be desperate to remain on a forum and just tell him to F off. He can't really afford to lose too many more active members so further expulsions will damage him and his forum in the long run. He will soon be left with his dozen or so ass lickers as regular posters. Once a post has been up for an hour or so it of course has to stay simply because removing posts destroys the integrity of the thread.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi you bunch of nuggets. ;)

Im affraid this could well be my last post on HFS.

I dont like this shit 5 min edit time crap the owner/ mods have thrust upon us, its the kind of tactics I wouldn't be suprised to see on some of the lesser forums - Never thought I would see it implemented here...... :think:

Its yet another form of Censorship / Dictatorship.

You know me by now, I say it the way I see it, call a spade a spade, and go off ranting like a loon....Its the way I am, DNA I guess......My forthright manner (or lack of) will be curtailed largely knowing there is no longer the safety net of indefinite edit......I mean occasionally I have come close to overstepping the mark and had to edit on occasions... :mrgreen:
Anyway if I cant be who I want to be and post what I wanna post like I've always been able to do here in the past, Then fuk it, I sooner wouldn't post....

Lets hope folk see sense and the vote swings the other way......Cant see it though.

Careful what you post folks...... :naughty: :hand:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Do what you like Jammy, the other admin are fed up with your behaviour and I have given up supporting you. You don't even have the brains to read or realise that this is open for discussion nothing is fixed, the 5mins has been imposed as interim protection for our content. Do you even realise why we are doing it, not for the reasons you keep implying.

So sod off or stay I have given up caring, you are great entertainment but you went way too far on Saturday evening.

ArseHats

Unread post by ArseHats »

zebbo wrote:Protection from what ArseHats? Personally I don't know why anyone would be so desperate as to conform to any censorship just to remain on a bloody internet forum. If the bloke threatened me with a ban for saying what I thought I'd simply tell the twat to poke it up his arse !
Protection from losing their autonomy to stand up to bullying in the way you describe.
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

I will be sorry to see you go Jammy.

But I can't quite understand why you feel so threatened by the 5 minute rule (I must be missing something) - you haven't struck me as being concerned about editing your forthright posts :lol: :lol:

Anyway; I hope you change your mind, and all the best :guiness;

Regards. Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

ArseHats

Unread post by ArseHats »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I would think the reaction at AoS to booting someone who *can't* comply with one of his daft invented rules would stop even him doing it. He has lost or booted enough members already and a lot of them end up here to haunt him :mrgreen: Credibility (what little is left) is at stake here, it is the threat he wants to use, he doesn't want to lose more members, he wants to be able to control them.
From what I've read on HFS, the forum appears to be have a few wilful purposes. Two of which are: discrediting Marco and; promoting individual freedom.
I suppose this thread has interested me because I can see that this 5 minute rule thing potentially brings those 2 purposes into tension.
I can see that supporters of the rule are framing the debate in terms of the 5 minute rule serving both the anti-Marco purpose and the pro-autonomy/freedom purpose: The rule acts to protect posters from coercion by Marco.
I guess I see it differently.
IMHO the 5 minute rule protects posters only from their own lack of integrity in the face of possible coercion: The rule saves anti-Marco posts from being being edited or deleted by removing the freedom of the (weaker-willed) poster to do so. It's entirely possible that I'm a lot stricter than others here in the binding-up of responsibility and autonomy with my personal definition of "freedom". Tho I notice that Zebbo, Classicrock and possibly Jammy are suggesting similar things.
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

The 5-minute rule could perhaps be dropped for a while - with a request that anyone who feels in any way that they are being pressured/coerced reports it here and the discussion can be reopened.

The question is: is it now doing more harm than good?

It feels that HFS has suffered a violent shift away from being a hobbyist/enthusiast site to become primarily directed at inter-forum Politics, or is it just me?

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The fault with the rule seems to be the rule takes away peoples ability to change their mind as to what they have posted .

And this is some way is a curtailing of freedom .

Few points -

1] I doubt that any post which as been on the forum for five minutes will not have been read by some one , so it is impossible to completely retract it .

2] It will encourage more judicious postings .

3] Unfettered editing is as potentially problematic as restricted editing . See AOS for examples ;)

4] You can always post a clarificaiton , retraction ,amendment .

Essentially the freedom arguments appears to be I wish to have the freedom to say what i want for as long as i want , but i wish to retain the freedom to alter what i said without notice or trace for as long as i want .