What HI FI ? What a load of Bollocks.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What HI FI ? What a load of Bollocks.

Unread post by wallace »

I know that Doc is always telling me that Head-fi don't tell it like it is,but i have just been idly looking at some usb dac's to replace my e-dac,which,by the way is still working fine,but you all know how it is,the grass might just be greener etc.
So i poked AudioQuest Dragonfly into google and looking at the results i got the impression that what hi fi and head-fi were listening to different things.
How on earth can What hi fi say::Awesome dynamics,Aggressive pricing,Superbly clear and detailed sound.When Head-fi says from reviews that people that have bought them:::Expensive,The difference in sound after fitting is hardly noticeable,and the old faithful,does not live up to the hype.
Does What Hi Fi fulfill a function anymore,and does anyone believe them ,if so why?????? Rant over...
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: What HI FI ? What a load of Bollocks.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Obviously they refused to give any of the head-fi reviewers free samples.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Funnily enough,the reviewer who got the free sample does try very hard to say it is nearly ok,and that you should check it out... :grin: :grin:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Ive kind of given up with head-fi.
Despite trying numerous times to upload a pic of my NVA AP10h JS three boxer, the bastards just wont let me.
And the mods wont even answer my pms on the subject..... :evil:
Probably dont want a real gem pissing all over the paying hype merchants tat.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

HiFi News gets my bollocks award of the month.....
On reviewing the Audioquest Jitter Bug USB filter,John Bamford says;;I almost fell off the sofa when first hearing the Jitterbug's effect.It's impossible not to be impressed by the sonic improvement offered by the Jitterbug between the computer and dac.. :Bllocks:
For £39 i might just get one,it's been years since i fell off the sofa..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: