what else do you do?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
guydarryl

Re: what else do you do?

Unread post by guydarryl »

they are the ones - paw print soles.

to get back on topic, I am sure that they gave me my love of walking ;)
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I hate walking, always have done. If God had meant us to walk everywhere why did he invent horses and then cars.

guydarryl

to keep cobblers occupied :-?
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

Drive / fix this

or road cycle

or bash away on a guitar
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

guydarryl

what is it? looks lovely.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

guy wrote:they are the ones - paw print soles.

to get back on topic, I am sure that they gave me my love of walking ;)
Na Guy they were Wayfinders. :shifty:
WAYFINDERS_1966..jpg
WAYFINDERS_1966..jpg (37.41 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
I love walking, I probably walk for 10 miles every day with the mutt's when im home.

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

guy wrote:what is it? looks lovely.
Thanks, its a modified Lotus Elise S1 :grin:
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Very nice too! How have you modified it?
Before I got divorced, I had one of these:

It was exactly like this one, Lotus Elan SE Turbo. It was bloody brilliant. I know Lotus purists poured scorn on it because it was front wheel drive and had an Izusu engine but it was a fantastic car that you could use as your daily runner, no problem. It was also pretty much bullet-proof which was unusual for a Lotus back then. :lol:
Unfortunately, post divorce, I couldn't really afford to keep it hence the move to the motorbike.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

Cheers Zebbo always had a soft spot for the "new" elan.

The Elise is modded with Jenvey DTH throttle bodies, aggressive Piper Cams, huge airbox with 90mm trumpets, Emerald ECU, Gaz suspension, quick steering rack, Larini manifold, 2bular exhaust, Sport 135 head, CR gearbox and, and.....was doing track days and weighed it with half a tank at 725kg, now back to road for high days / holidays

standard its about 118bhp @5500, mine now as per the graph below, 160@7200, so around 220bhp/tonne, moves nicely :guiness;

though the blue curve is what you feel, loads more torque everywhere.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

NICE !! :twisted:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: