Taking the piss out of politics

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Docfoster
Wales

Re: Taking the piss out of politics

Unread post by Docfoster »

Last edited by Docfoster on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Lindsayt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:20 am
Emotional based decision making is the de facto mode of operating. :angry-soapbox:
When that decision making takes away MY rights as an EU citizen, I think I have a damned good reason to be pissed off.
How the bloody hell are those people qualified to strip me and my family of our european citizenship?
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

SteveTheShadow wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:41 pm
Lindsayt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:20 am
Emotional based decision making is the de facto mode of operating. :angry-soapbox:
When that decision making takes away MY rights as an EU citizen, I think I have a damned good reason to be pissed off.
How the bloody hell are those people qualified to strip me and my family of our european citizenship?
Surely, in any democratic vote, there will be some who lose out ?

I'd be mortified if a Labour government were elected , but I'd have to accept it.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

You can vote them out in five years. And in what way would you personally lose out under Labour?
I can’t get my european citizenship back....ever!

I say again, explain to me why you have taken away my rights and what authority you, as the bloke down the road, have to do so.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

valvesRus
Great Britain

SteveTheShadow wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm You can vote them out. And in what way would you lose out under Labour?
I can’t get my european citizenship back....ever!

I say again, explain to me why you have taken away my rights and what authority you have to do so.
I was only one of 52% of the people who voted to exit the EU in the referendum Steve.

I'm not accusing you of trying to keep me a "European citizen" when I'd rather not be.

Democracy is to blame, perhaps you'd rather have a Dictator who shared your views ? :lol:

(This is a taking the piss thread,don't take it personally)

valvesRus
Great Britain

As regards Labour, there are a few things they promise to do that I would be in total agreement with, same goes for the Greens and Lib Dems, but overall I personally can't vote for any of them.

And I am entitled to vote for whoever I wish, as are we all.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

valvesRus wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:14 pm

And I am entitled to vote for whoever I wish, as are we all.
Indeed and we usually accept the result even if we dislike the winning Party/govt.

Current problem is the electorate who had the get up and go to vote in the 2016 EU Advisory Referendum and who won it, so advising the Govt that the majority (important in a supposed democracy) chose to leave the EU have been denied. Yeah that's right denied - the majority chose to leave the EU but the ruling classes didn't/still don't want to. Look forward to City of London moving to Frankfurt in 2022 should we stay.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The more honest, open and rigorous the democratic process...the more likely that the result will be widely accepted. The latter is inextricably linked to the former.

The vote to leave Europe has not been denied...it is simply that the destination is yet to be decided. They are different things. No Deal is not a destination, in itself. You don't leave your closest trading partners, you must establish a new relationship. To ask for the principles of any new relationship to be based on evidence of economic and social viability is not unreasonable. It is the failure of those that called loudest for us to leave, to come up with a viable destination that the country can get behind, that is the cause of delay, not the wholly justified process of democratic scrutiny by opposition parties (and several senior figures within the governing party).
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

valvesRus wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:14 pm And I am entitled to vote for whoever I wish, as are we all.
You keep saying these things that you think are true but they are not. You can vote for whoever is standing for election in the consutituitancy you are registered to vote in. Not always the same thing.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Lurcher300b wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:04 pm
valvesRus wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:14 pm And I am entitled to vote for whoever I wish, as are we all.
You keep saying these things that you think are true but they are not. You can vote for whoever is standing for election in the constituency you are registered to vote in. Not always the same thing.
Most readers would probably have assumed that I meant what you alluded to above. :)