Footy

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Footy

Unread post by slinger »

Opinions are like arseholes; everybody's got one, so here's my arsehole...
This young England team was fine when teams were backing off of us. When we were "allowed" to boss the game we did. When we were put under constant pressure we folded. There was no plan B, no real leaders, and therefore no World Cup. The dream was nice though, and I've enjoyed watching some of the best players in the world. 3rd place? England playing Belguim in a match neither of them wanted. I hope we go all out to win it, but I'm not optimistic.

On a positive note, we have many more good young players coming through the ranks. We've won the Toulon tournament, which is pretty much the U21 World Cup, three years in a row. We also won the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, were runners-up at the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (we lost to Spain in the final on a penalty shoot-out) and semi-finalists in 2018 (losing in another penalty shoot-out, to The Netherlands this time). So, there's hope for the future and roll on 2022.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Footy

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Pretty much spot on Slinger, i'd add they were really only threatening at set pieces,
on open play?, lots of pace but lack composure/class in front of goal.
Frank...made me do it.