Strange Cargo.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
applemarc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Strange Cargo.

Unread post by applemarc »

I understand that but some of us live elsewhere and this topic is of interest and just goes to show what a diverse bunch we are, I never pass comment on threads about other forums as I have no interest in them.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Kim, it's in the chitchat section, almost anything could be in here. Everyone's opinion in valid whether you agree with it or not. You are free to post an alternate view if you wish to.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Got it now. Thank you for explaining. Just finding my feet.

Oh and by the way, while I'm on.....

The people in the container are Sikhs from Afghanistan. Sikhism is not tolerated in Afghanistan and they amongst others, suffer exclusion in that country, to put it mildly. The container people were aged between 12 and 72, so hardly a bunch of fly-by-nights chancing their arm, and were very probably being trafficked into this country. One man died and others were very ill from the effects of dehydration and hypothermia. So what do some people advocate.....?

i would swiftly pop em all back in the Container and fuk em off right back from whence they came, pronto (sic).

What century is this? Is this the opinion belonging to a civilised society? People do this sort of thing out of desperation and fear for their extended families. Hence the old people and children. They were prepared to leave everything behind and travel to a foreign country in the hope of a better life. Get real and grow a brain.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

applemarc

Whilst I agree sending people back from whence they came may not be agreeable but I think people should also remember we are a very small country whit a growing population who have a housing shortage we are now charging our children to go to university to study and when they finish they own upwards of £24000 with not much prospect of getting a job to pay it back. We have people smuggling themselves into the country for whatever reason the NHS has no money again our children will probably have to work until they are 80.
At some stage we have to say enough let some other country take these refuges we have done our part over the years.

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed but it is the way I feel at present I’m not being racist I just feel something should be done about it.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Listen mate they talk about us so why shouldn't we talk about them, political correctness it not a one sided disease.

There shouldn't be censorship, peoples opinions should count and be heard, that is part of the problem in the UK. All prejudice is a reality from all colours and religions and cultures and financial comforts and social settings to all others, to sweep it under the carpet is censorship and not facing reality.

My comments are that peoples are different and brought up with different brainwashing, but we are ALL brainwashed to some degree or another. If we all talked about it more openly and were able to see ourselves as other see us then a majority of the problems would go away, but as long as brainwashed superiority be it cultural or religious rules you will have isolated communities and conflict.

There is no censorship on this forum, just a couple of simple rules.

applemarc

Yes I agree
Beresford Caiman Ipod

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I see Dr. BH, and thank you.

I wasn't spieling on the rights and wrongs of immigration, nor the way the government is comfortable in it's Ivory Tower, whilst the rest of us foot the bill and put up with the fall-out from misguided and ill-advised policies. I'm not a wet-behind-the-ears political activist, and have spent too much time listening to the likes of the NF and BNP that hi-jacked my home area of East Lancashire. For what it's worth I abhor censorship almost as much as I abhor racism, bigotry and religious or political intolerance.

I WAS spieling on the crass and ignorant comments about 'sending them back from where they came from' crap. I listened to such ranting all the way through my teenage years in the 1970's and really hoped we might have moved on from then. Clearly not.

Yes people are entitled to say what they feel and long may it be the case. It's partly what makes us the civilized society we are. We respect the right of free speech and the right to worship our own God. We are also I hope a reflective society. Yes we have to pay for tuition (as they do in the US, Japan, France, Germany) and yes there is a housing shortage as there is in many countries. But is that any reason to pour scorn, and lay blame at the feet of what are desperate people?

Let's have an open debate about the realities, for sure. But do we really have to accept or even tolerate the bigoted opinions of some members without saying something? I really do hope not.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

One person here is talking sense. Others need to get out a bit more it seems.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Desperate people who could have found a safe haven a lot closer to home than here. Why here? Eh?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

kimangelis wrote:
Let's have an open debate about the realities, for sure. But do we really have to accept or even tolerate the bigoted opinions of some members without saying something? I really do hope not.
You are free to say the same as they are. You shouldn't blame them, as they see what they see. Perhaps we should think why there is prejudice as opposed to denying it when in reality, to my estimation, far more people (of all races) are prejudiced than not, and we have no right to shut them up we only have right to argue with them.