Our face.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Our face.

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

:oops: Oops yes it is Newcastle , I should have known that because the beige buidling on the right is the county court and i have been several times . o dear .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That looks like Newcastel. This is the one we were at.

brit-pop
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brit-pop »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Were is that , it looks like London , indeed it looks like were me and doc went for a drink 1 year ago this week :o Boy doesnt time fly .
It's the Newcastle quayside as seen from Gateshead. I quit London years ago, thank heavens.

I still visit quite regularly for business but always feel a huge sense of relief as my northbound train pulls out of Kings Cross.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Sorry for the confusion gents , see above post , i am suitably embarrassed ;)

ps. thanks for compounding my embarrassment doc with the photo , they look absolutely nothing like each other :lol:

brit-pop

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Bloody Northerner :mrgreen: I once made the mistake of taking a Red Sea cruise as most of the passengers seemed to come from Newcastle. After a few days I was getting to the point that if I heard another wye aye (sp) I would have jumped overboard.
Ha, I can think of nowt worse than a cruise ship full of geordies! At least you got out alive.

brit-pop

Daniel Quinn wrote::oops: Oops yes it is Newcastle , I should have known that because the beige buidling on the right is the county court and i have been several times . o dear .
Aye, the crown court isn't in the picture. It's just to the left if you cross that footbridge.

Used to work in it years ago when I was a prosecution clerk.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Next to Birmingham I find the Newcastle accent the most irritating. Though Cockney is horrible too, luckily I don't speak it. Lancs and Liverpool is fine, East Anglia and the SW are fun and a litle similar Ooo arh! Welsh is nice and musical. Scottish sounds like they always want to hit you :mrgreen: and Irish sounds like they are permanently pissed :mrgreen:

In the UK there is more regional difference in languages than anywhere else in the world. Some really broad versions I find difficult to even understand. Nadia as we all should now know was born in Russia (Moskva) and says in that vast country there is very little accent difference for ethnic Russians. US differences are very minor compared with ours.

brit-pop

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Next to Birmingham I find the Newcastle accent the most irritating. Though Cockney is horrible too, luckily I don't speak it. Lancs and Liverpool is fine, East Anglia and the SW are fun and a litle similar Ooo arh! Welsh is nice and musical. Scottish sounds like they always want to hit you :mrgreen: and Irish sounds like they are permanently pissed :mrgreen:

In the UK there is more regional difference in languages than anywhere else in the world. Some really broad versions I find difficult to even understand. Nadia as we all should now know was born in Russia (Moskva) and says in that vaste country there is very little accent difference for ethnic Russians. US differences are very minor compared with ours.
Mine is quite mild and watered down after years of living and working with southerners, If you were to hear me and my pals in full flight in the pub though it's quite possible you wouldn't understand a word we were saying.

This guy does it perfectly though

https://youtu.be/bPXn63fxdfI

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Very recent pic of myself.

S.

Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew