Energy Prices

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Energy Prices

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This energy company piss take is getting out of hand. No one seems to control them. BUT there is one group that can control them, US energy users. Just remove all direct debits and any access to your money without you giving it and don't pay them. When they contact you tell them you are on payment strike because of their behaviour. OK they will eventually push to threaten County Court, well it is just a game of Chicken, don't back down until they get a court date and then pay them. If we all did that it would soon sort the fuckers out!!!!!!!!

PS. If they get a debt collection company involved just ignore them and report them if they pester you, and you should only have communication with the energy company directly. It will not effect your credit rating unless you get a County Court judgement against you, so always pay once a court date has been set.

Daniel Quinn

Re: Energy Prices

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

This is an interesting idea . If millions of people - indeed even 1 million people refused to pay utility bills the Civil courts could not cope, delays would extend in to years . Two things could happen -

the government would be forced to intervene .

or
The courts would pass a group litigation order so all 1 million people could be sued in one claim although there a ways of defeating this.

A mass non payment I think would reap benefits for democracy .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well lets pass it around the other forums and twitter etc to get flash mob / smart mob / mass civil disobedience going.

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

Interesting idea, I use the Co-Op as my supplier as I got fed up with the silly buggers. Even the Co-Op are raising their prices but at an average of 4.5% around half of the other main suppliers.

Rick
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rick »

For the first time I have seriously considered some sort of 'green' self sustaining system.

Even those hideous roof panels crossed my mind. Unless you can provide your own energy, you will always be a slave to them and be forced to pay their prices.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You aren't forced to, you have the power. Between us we can force them to put the prices down, or the government would be forced to intervene to put the prices down. We have the power to do it, their only recourse would be to take everyone to court and hopefully that would jam up the court system, again making the government act. Their other option would be to install thousands (or millions) of pay meters, which they couldn't do, both financially and logistically. I can tell you if anyone from the energy supply companies is reading this they will be in a cold sweat at the possibility of it happening.

What people don't realise is that energy has become just like hi-fi, over priced rip of retail companies like MCRU that don't even make the stuff or put it in the pipes, they just bill you for it, and they have an illegal cartel between them to keep on increasing prices. They are doing it more at the moment to cash in while they can as they realise the government will be forced eventually to do something about this. SO REFUSE TO PAY THEM UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT DOES SOMETHING!!!!

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Good idea but I prefer the option like that mooted for the fuel suppliers, where two suppliers are selected, say the ones with the highest price hike, and EVERYONE using those suppliers simply switches to another, ANY other, supplier leaving the selected suppliers high and dry and with no option but to do something drastic to encourage customers back before going out of business! It's less aggressive for the majority of people who just couldn't face the aggro of it all. The problem with all these ideas/actions though, is the complete apathy of the British public who will moan like buggery but do sweet fuck-all about it and these fuckers know it. The only way I could see anything working is if some big, popular celebrities start something nationally, with national coverage so people would feel that they had a direction and the support of millions of their peers. Without it everything will fail.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Thatcher didn't create competition, she created a cartel.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

As Zebbo say's its the Brit attitude - Moan like fuk & do SFA about it.
We need the media or celebs etc to kick off some sort of backlash....... :think:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We are media!! how many members are members of twitter, then link to this thread. Same with Facebook, big things start small.