Energy Prices

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Energy Prices

Unread post by selby »

I'm forever amazed at how as a country we like to moan but rarely do we kick up a proper stink.

Out monthly gas and elec is about £85 which isn't bad but have friends who are paying £150+, I find that scary.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Then make a stink about it, post our solution on all websites / forums you are members of, we don't need the credit just as long as we get movement - one person leads to two MOMENTUM leads to thousands then millions. Someone do a youtube, it just needs enough people to start the momentum.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

you can blow out a candle
but cant blow out a fire
ones the flames begin to catch the wind will blow it higher

P Gabriel

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

People are like sheep, we need to be led and we need the comfort of mass support. Yes, twitter et al will get the message out there but you're still expecting individuals to stand and face down these huge multi-national bullies, I'm afraid it just won't happen. It would need to be organised, with a head of operations, (that a lot of people admire/respect), calling the shots, arranging stuff and setting a time scale for stuff to happen. All that happens with the on-line backlash is that everyone goes "yeah, lets do it, let's take these bastards down !! .......... after you." I don't want to look like I'm trying to piss on anyone's parade, I really would like SOMETHING to happen but it needs to be en-mass.
Perhaps what we need to be doing is using the Twitter/facebook stuff, (I do neither), to get some big names on board to really pull people together.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Come on someone start a thread on WW - PFM or AoS, just copy my first post if you want - let us see if any of them want to help get this going.