The archive forum has now been hacked

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

The archive forum has now been hacked

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The archive forum has now been hacked as I predicted. A member appeared called admin and my membership and admin status has been removed and a large part of the archive has been removed as well. Over two years of posts have been removed.

There is only one person who could do this and that is Jason as Terry was never given admin status there. BUT Jason told both of us that he had no access to the forum when we asked him, he said he couldn't do anything there. Terry I think has retained the emails so we have proof.

So is there anyone here who thinks this acceptable behaviour, apart from it yet again being illegal. This time he hasn't posted there (yet). I hope he does as we will have proof of his illegal hacking yet again for the Police.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: The archive forum has now been hacked

Unread post by slinger »

Interestingly, when I force an error at the archive forum the following appears...
General Error
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: jason@nvahifi.com

I would suggest from this that Jason's privileges were never actually revoked (he surely wouldn't be using the @nvahifi.com email address now) rather than him hacking his way in, which should have been checked at the time. Taking someone's word for something is not an adequate security measure, especially in the aftermath of what seems a fairly acrimonious split. I'm in no way defending the outcome, just pointing out that it should have, and could have, been prevented quite easily.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Not according to Terry he tried to get control of the forum and contacted Jason, who told him he couldn't help as he had completely removed himself from it. I gave Terry my admin login to see if he could change things and he said he couldn't.

As i said there and now here I presumed this was going to happen. It is just part of the game - do you condone it?

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:... do you condone it?
Of course not, which I've already said, as in "I'm in no way defending the outcome" or did you miss that part of my post. All I'm saying, from more than several years experience of creating and running phpBB forums, is that it looks like the back door was left open, which should have been prevented. The fact that your login no longer works only proves that he's got in and altered things, not how he got there.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK I am being a little sensitive as obviously this is pissing me off a bit. But it is not worth getting worked up over things you can't change. But from my conversation with the on-line crime centre a crime has been committed. He doesn't have ownership of that or this site so it is still illegal.

Yes you are right, I know nothing about computers and this whole on line thing, which is why I rely on people who do - so my loss. I hope you can help Terry protect us here at least.

In fact my question to you should have been general, is there anyone here who condones what has happened here and now to the old forum.

And BTW he denied taking over my computer as well. I have a report from the company that cleaned the computer that a program was activated / installed when he installed this computer so he could take it over remotely, the same program was then put on again a couple of times so he could do it on his mobile computers and Iphone, those were the Greek ones as he was in Greece when he did it. This was done long before any form of problem in the relationship, so why should he do this if his motives even then were genuine?

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yep I thought it was only a matter of time before "someone" hacked the old forum as well.....I guess whoever it was just didn't appreciate the depth of feeling
and the truth told there in............mmmh :think:
Well whomever it is, is a right fukin arsehole and I hope he gets his come uppence soon. :twisted: :naughty: :liar:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Seems someone as moved our comments vis-à-vis hacking , sovereign will be pleased :D

Sovereign
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Seems someone as moved our comments vis-à-vis hacking , sovereign will be pleased :D
Why?

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

IMO , because the unanswered ultimatum as been removed and you can continue to sit on the fence .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

He has privately confirmed he doesn't support Jason in this, I quote "No I don't condone hacking of web sites by Jason or anyone", good enough for me. I don't just want people on *my side* I just want to know who is actively supporting this man in his efforts to hurt us. So far it is Docfoster, Uglymusic, Alan Brown, (the mods and owner at Chews).