Answering to accusations and lies

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
gus3049
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Answering to accusations and lies

Unread post by gus3049 »

I have joined this forum specifically to express my feelings about recent events.

My only connection so far, is being called an idiot by Mr Dunn for frequenting AOS. Nevertheless, I wish to say how appalled I am that what is a personal matter, has been allowed, basically by the usual self justification by the combatants, to be aired on the forum.

What ever the nature of a disagreement between partners, be it personal or business, once any monetary matters have been sorted, the only sensible action is to walk away. When emotions are running so high, its obvious that each party believes they are in the right and anyone who is watching (lets face it, its usually good entertainment) is unlikely to fully believe either side of the argument and therefore both are wasting their time. As I said, it can only be self justification that drives this sort of behaviour.

As far as this forum in general is concerned, I find myself in sympathy with a large amount that is expressed about the industry. I just don't wish to be considered an idiot because I am able to separate truth from fiction and make my own judgements.

I am not and shouldn't be in a position to decide the right and wrong here but I find the 'hijacking' of a public forum to make a personal point, to be in appallingly bad taste, no matter what has gone before.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Och Gus - It's good to talk...........Quote BT marketing men........ :lol: :dance:

gus3049

Unread post by gus3049 »

Hello to you too, is that a kindly welcome?

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

mmmh... :think: ...Yes.

Welcome Gus, post and enjoy. :clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

gus3049 wrote:I have joined this forum specifically to express my feelings about recent events.

My only connection so far, is being called an idiot by Mr Dunn for frequenting AOS. Nevertheless, I wish to say how appalled I am that what is a personal matter, has been allowed, basically by the usual self justification by the combatants, to be aired on the forum.

What ever the nature of a disagreement between partners, be it personal or business, once any monetary matters have been sorted, the only sensible action is to walk away. When emotions are running so high, its obvious that each party believes they are in the right and anyone who is watching (lets face it, its usually good entertainment) is unlikely to fully believe either side of the argument and therefore both are wasting their time. As I said, it can only be self justification that drives this sort of behaviour.

As far as this forum in general is concerned, I find myself in sympathy with a large amount that is expressed about the industry. I just don't wish to be considered an idiot because I am able to separate truth from fiction and make my own judgements.

I am not and shouldn't be in a position to decide the right and wrong here but I find the 'hijacking' of a public forum to make a personal point, to be in appallingly bad taste, no matter what has gone before.
We call lots of people idiots, I even call myself one occasionally. Idiot is borderline complement compared with what we sometimes call people. This saga has messed up the scheme of things and until Terry finds how to give me my admin status again I can't clear it up. All this stuff should be in elswhere on the web which is a room in the forum for letting off steam about other industry people forums and companies, if you choose to go there then *you* have made that choice, don't blame anyone else. Chatting with Terry earlier we were commenting how so many people were like Mary Whitehouse, watching everything dodgy and smutty just so they could have the pleasure of tut-tuting and complaining. Anyway all of Jason's bile has been removed, he will have to find somewhere else to spit it.

And by the way hi-jacking is the wrong word, this was hacking purely and simply and that is illegal.

gus3049

Unread post by gus3049 »

I already did have a look at the archive. I rather thought that on balance, I was suggesting you came out of it rather better than Jason but there you go.

We are the same age and I can be just as grumpy as you. I have spent my life railing against various parts of what passes for human life on this planet but have reached the stage where I just want to pass the baton to those younger with more energy to throw at a lost cause and enjoy what's left in a more relaxed state of mind.

If anyone feels that putting my head in the sand - tough tittie.

Another bottle of Merlot beckons I think.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The day I put my head in the sand they will be hammering the box closed :mrgreen:

"rather better" :roll: the eeeee-diot was trashed. I really hope the Police decide to take this one on as he deserves a shock for his behaviour.

Our fault is we, or Terry in this case, was naive to believe the man on three separate occasions when he said he was *completely* off the forum and Terry had full control and *all* the codes. A pack of lies just to add to the others he is telling about me and NVA.

I say again the stupid thing is we had an agreement that none of this would happen and we would leave each other alone, and then he attacked me on AoS and then he attacked me on Chews. I had no option but to reply as it was lies and miss information.

I am perfectly willing to never have to talk to or read anything from or think about the man ever again, so it is in his court, if he finds another way to spit out these lies I will respond.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK I have had enough of this, it is time to move on, what the rest of you do is up to you, but unless he finds another place to tell lies or mostly things twisted to his viewpoint I will make no more comment about Jason.

I have lots of work to do, it is a hot summer. I have to find ways to continue the company (legacy) so I have enough to do without letting all this to deflect me.

It is sad but move on - I hope he ignores me then I can ignore him.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Yep, don't let all this stress affect my Cube 1's !! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is not so much stress Zebbo, it is the time involved in needing to reply to it all.

Cube 1 progress, drive units doped just need assembly into cabs. Waiting for crossover caps, hadn't realised I had run out. Should be here tomorrow.