Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 am

MarcoPisa wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am
Hello everybody, I've just joined the forum, and the reason is that I have just purchased an A20 + P20 system. My idea is to use it with a turntable and internet streaming in a small room 3m x 4m. Now I must find a pair of bookshelf speakers to partner with it. I am sure I can find many posts about speakers here. My budget is 200 euro max,brand new. Thanks to Mr Dunn and all the members for letting me join the forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 am

Hello Marco.
Seeing as you are in Italy - you might try looking for a pair of Sonus Faber Principia 1 to start with.

Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube3
Digits: RPi 2B/Allo DigiOne/Volumio/Tomanek ULPS/AQ Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AQ NightHawk & NightOwl Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Cambridge DacMagic Plus + Sbooster LPSU

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:32 am

Welcome to the forum Marco. Don't know much about speakers in your price range, but I'm sure you will find something suitable to partner your new NVA amps.

MarcoPisa
Italy

Unread post by MarcoPisa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Fretless wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 am
Hello Marco.
Seeing as you are in Italy - you might try looking for a pair of Sonus Faber Principia 1 to start with.

Not a bad idea, I'll find out on 2hand market.

Simon Hickie
Great Britain

Unread post by Simon Hickie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Also try to find some small Chario speakers, again native to Italy.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw.

MarcoPisa
Italy

Unread post by MarcoPisa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Wow I am surprised British suggest italian brands. Both Chario and SF are 4 ohm nominal inpedence and not so sensible. Can it be a problem for the small A20?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:53 pm

I would prefer to recommend something more efficient. I would go for Klipsch, they seem to be popular in Italy, whether you can get any for that money is moot though. Here is UK ebay pair that will do the job https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klipsch-R-14 ... 3134590412 but I am sure there will be more choice on Italy ebay as Klipsch is not popular here.

Simon Hickie
Great Britain

Unread post by Simon Hickie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 pm

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw.

MarcoPisa
Italy

Unread post by MarcoPisa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Since Dr said Klipsch,I'll probably go Klipsch....but more suggestions are welcome!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Already posted on your other thread, but just in case...

A suggestion that is beyond your budget (sorry), but might last you a lifetime...a secondhand pair of Klipsch Heresys. I heard a pair with a a 10w valve amp this week and they were a lot of fun. There are not many around here (UK) but you may have a wider choice in Italy?

At the opposite end of the budget...1980s vintage Mission 70MKII. They are sealed box (always a good thing imho as I hate ports), very simple crossover, the whole back half comes away to open them up for very easy (doc) modding, they are a piece of cake to drive and they 'boogie'. Expect to pay £30 to £50 for a pair in decent nick from a private seller.

An example here, they come up reasonably frequently: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-80s-Vin ... Sw3YNXY38I

Otherwise, my only other advice is don't buy at rrp - either go used (there are always lots of bookshelf speakers available on ebay etc) or heavily discounted (e.g. the JBLs recommended by alfafan).
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2