Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:29 am

Welcome, Si.

Hope you enjoy the forum.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Hemmo1969
Great Britain

Unread post by Hemmo1969 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 am

Chopsaw54 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am
Hi, I'm Si. I was listening to Andy831's recently acquired NVA phono stage the other day and I was impressed so I thought I'd join the forum.
Morning fella

Welcome, new here myself but been to a bake off and the Yorkshire HIFI club and it’s been a blast.

I’d recommend taking advantage of the Docs loan scheme of his A20/P20 amps.... came in some 4 or 5 times cheaper than what I was using but wow I too was surprised at how good they were.

Chris

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi Si and a very enjoyable day it was too shame the snow had to cut the session in half. I had made a lovely curry too anyway it fed me for two nights instead :grin:
Analogue
301 / 3012 / 2m black
401 / PU7 / AT33ev / Highphonics SUT
Phono 2 + extra PSU
Digital
Vortexbox, SBT / Teac Dac
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Glasshouse TVC, Tron Seven Linestage, Quad 44
Quad 303, or Bel Canto Set 40, or NG 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters
Q Acoustic 3020.

57charles

Unread post by 57charles » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi guys - I've recently joined the forum - didn't see the introduce yourselves bit until now. I've been listening for over40 years. Current setup includes Yamaha Z9, Spendor SP2/3r2, TEAC D -T1 DAC, SONY XA3000ES and Denon DVD A1 into the DAC. QED signiture components used as digital and analogue cables and Belkin Pure AV speaker cable. By the way, love Dr Bunsen - he makes this forum all the more worthwhile.😀

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello Charles. Welcome aboard.
Naim, Linn & Harbeth fanboy

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi Charles, you have an American flag but you seem to write with British style are you an "expat" mate.

I used to use that Sony cd player myself, I owned it for a few years and quite liked it but never thought it was a "real ES"

Andy
Analogue
301 / 3012 / 2m black
Phono 2 + extra PSU
Digital
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Q Acoustic 3020.

57charles

Unread post by 57charles » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Hello Andy-831 - yes, I'm British and have lived in USA for only 2 years but am a 'senior' person (age60).
Interesting about what you say about the Sony. I have to say I love it into the TEAC D-T1. I also have Denon DVD A-1 used as a transport into the TEAC and to be honest I like it as well - a little darker presention but it's all there - very impressive - I love both these units into the TEAC. I have to say they compare very favourably with a TEAC VRDS 25 I had which failed because of laser and Sony laser difficult to get. I'm pleased with both the Sony and Denon into TEAC DAC. Sony as a standalone CD - very good but not up to the same quality if you use it as a transport into the TEAC. Same with the Denon.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:38 am

Interesting Charles Dac's may well be the next thing I look at althought up until now digital has firmly played second fiddle in my systems behind vinyl which still tends to to the source I go too if I want a serious listening session.

Its a bumper time out there at the moment to nab CD at very interesting prices (often finding titles at under £1.99) and as I doubt the sustainability of the recent Vinyl Bounce I think eventually CD may start to increase in value again unless of course download and streaming knocks it all into a "cocked hat" only time will tell, in the meantime I am stocking up on CD while there is a bounty out there which has made me think it may be time to look at the lowly Teac UD-H01 dac I currently use and consider something better.

Oh bye the way I do not consider 60 to be "senior" there are quite a few on here me included that could give you a few years and I am certainly not a senior yet despite what my Knee's tell me.

Andy
Analogue
301 / 3012 / 2m black
Phono 2 + extra PSU
Digital
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Q Acoustic 3020.

Chopsaw54
Great Britain

Unread post by Chopsaw54 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. I still frequent PFM and I've also modified a few Naim phono stages. I'm using a self built modified 834P atm with Denon DL110. For MC duties I've managed to split a pair of 323 cards so I can use the front end into the 834P.

MarcoPisa
Italy

Unread post by MarcoPisa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am

Hello everybody, I've just joined the forum, and the reason is that I have just purchased an A20 + P20 system. My idea is to use it with a turntable and internet streaming in a small room 3m x 4m. Now I must find a pair of bookshelf speakers to partner with it. I am sure I can find many posts about speakers here. My budget is 200 euro max,brand new. Thanks to Mr Dunn and all the members for letting me join the forum.