Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
User avatar
Latteman
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:20 pm
Location: S. Yorkshire
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Latteman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:48 am

Hi
Had minstrels for many years, finally died last year- unable to revive one of the drivers, I had transplanted the drivers into a clone cube (2 size) and was more impressed with the bass from them in a sealed enclosure
RIP Doc
Analogue- Lenco GL59, 10” ARB Carbon arm Grado Reference Prestige 1 MI
Nva Phono 1 (external psu)
Digital Sources- Denon CEOL Piccolo & Fiio x1ii
Amplification-NVA P20, A20 (x2), A60
Speakers- Diy BBCubes on Nva Stands;
Ls6, Ls5; SSP
Mini BMU

User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 am

Welcome, Seawitch.

Thanks for taking time to introduce yourself. Well appreciated.

Enjoy HFS.

seawitch
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:49 am
Australia

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by seawitch » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 am

Fretless wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:04 am
Hi Seawitch and welcome to HFS.

There was quite a lot of NVA sold in the Asian (Japan/Malaysia) market in the 90's - you might be able to find something on second-hand sites.

International postage is always possible and I am sure that the 30-day trial period will apply to you as well as anyone else.

There's definitely some NVA down under - just found this AP35 recently sold:
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/ ... ley-audio/
That's the amp I SHOULD have bought.......... :doh: Was not prepared at the time to buy a new toy, and lack of remote turned me off. :oops:

Will look into international postage, as far as i can tell it's only Europe delivery???

Thanks for the welcome guys.

User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am

International delivery is no problem - it's just that the rates vary significantly by country, so we haven't had the chance to set rates for all locations yet.

Drop me a line with what you need and your shipping address.

User avatar
slinger
Posts: 4093
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: The Garden of England
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by slinger » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Hi Seawitch. A belated welcome from me too.
Beware of NVA "clones," because no matter how good they may sound, they ain't the real thing. ;)
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

User avatar
CN211276
Posts: 2901
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am
Location: Cardiff
Wales

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Belated welcome from me too. I think SterioNet is one of the better hifi forums. Found it early this year and occasionally post, mainly on the digital side of things. I recently posted on an amplifier thread concerning leaving them on stand by when not in use. I referred to my NVA amps in this context. I use the same username as here.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler-Qutest/MCRU PS, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

R.I.P. Doc

seawitch
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:49 am
Australia

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by seawitch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:12 am

savvypaul wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am
International delivery is no problem - it's just that the rates vary significantly by country, so we haven't had the chance to set rates for all locations yet.

Drop me a line with what you need and your shipping address.
Will do thankyou sir. Just need some time to organise etc. etc.

User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:37 am

seawitch wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:12 am
savvypaul wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am
International delivery is no problem - it's just that the rates vary significantly by country, so we haven't had the chance to set rates for all locations yet.

Drop me a line with what you need and your shipping address.
Will do thankyou sir. Just need some time to organise etc. etc.
All shipping rates now added to the website.

We have these special offers, for HFS members, running until 13th October...

https://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewto ... 32&t=50310

seawitch
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:49 am
Australia

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by seawitch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 am

savvypaul wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:37 am
seawitch wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:12 am
savvypaul wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am
International delivery is no problem - it's just that the rates vary significantly by country, so we haven't had the chance to set rates for all locations yet.

Drop me a line with what you need and your shipping address.
Will do thankyou sir. Just need some time to organise etc. etc.
All shipping rates now added to the website.

We have these special offers, for HFS members, running until 13th October...

https://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewto ... 32&t=50310
That's great SP, thanks for that. Not ready just yet though, it's bit of money for me, and I have to do a bit of homework first. Saw the special offer but cannot commit right now.....

Post Reply