what do you do?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: what do you do?

Unread post by wallace »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
Gromit wrote:What do I do?
As little as possible. 8-)
don't you just eat cheese and invent things with wallace? :D
Hi, I am partial to a bit of wensleydale,but after 30 odd years mending jcb's and volvo 30 ton dumpers,i found that i only had to invent things that would last for a week tops.
How's your thumb Danny....... :royalty-pharaoh:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

See I new I was right :D

Thanks to the wonderful - currently free at the point of use [ remind your boss Mr Jones :D ] NHS it is much better. Fat , full of scar tissue and with a neat top to bottom S shaped scar to remind me I was Stupid . But its begining to bend in the middle , so job's a good un . :dance:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Good show,It will bend in the middle eventually,trust me :angry-cussingblack: Whether that will remind you that you were STUPID or not remains to be seen.HA HA
If in doubt ,keep your hands in your pocket,and as i keep telling the wife,get a man in.. :mrgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

NicolasFromFrance

Unread post by NicolasFromFrance »

Just noticed this thread !
I am Nicolas, 39, based in Lyon. Working as a "manager", for public hospitals. Previously on supplier side (GE Healthcare - 15 years) and now on hospital side. Trying to improve buying processes in technical fields (biomedical, IT, Energy, Labs, ...).
Not as passionate as most of you in Hi-Fi, but every 20 years, Hi-Fi bug bites me. Other "hobbies" : painting (see my website and my avatar), wrote a book on "downshifting" (I don't believe in infinite growth on a limited planet and in limited minds :naughty: ) + giving talks on it, Zen meditation (not really a hobby). I enjoyed a lot reading the forum ! All the best to all of you. :)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Lots of people have told me the French system of healthcare is much better than ours. It is insurance based I think but publicly run - is this true.

PS why do the French (well Parisian) hate the English, is it because we beat-up Napoleon.

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

It may also have something to do with the fact that we destroyed the French Fleet at Mers-el-Kebir and the Battle of Dakar where we sunk more French naval ships.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Did we have a choice? a difficult balanced decision.

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

From our point of view no choice at all but perhaps some French people see it a different way
Beresford Caiman Ipod

NicolasFromFrance

Unread post by NicolasFromFrance »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Lots of people have told me the French system of healthcare is much better than ours. It is insurance based I think but publicly run - is this true.
It used to be better than yours. And it is still excellent in terms of quality of care. Our healthcare system (insurance based and publicly financed) is in crisis with a huge debt and several measures are put in place to reduce it. As far as I know, NHS has improved a lot in recent years : several good ideas such as general practitionners bieng paid, at least partially, per capita (if I got it right), and not only per number of visits.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: PS why do the French (well Parisian) hate the English, is it because we beat-up Napoleon.
:think: Hmmm... No idea. Isn't this a cliché ? Maybe linked to the fact we sometimes feel (wrongly maybe) UK being closer to USA than Europe ?

At least personnaly I love UK. I have great memories of studying in University of Wales (Swansea), hiking in Gower peninsula. And more recently one of our best holydays spent in Scotland, from Glasgow to Skye, to Harris and Lewis.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

NicolasFromFrance wrote: more recently one of our best holidays spent in Scotland, from Glasgow to Skye, to Harris and Lewis.
You must like it cold and wet then :mrgreen: though when the sun does eventually come out it is beautiful. But you are near the French Alps, surely they are more beautiful.