Drama Queen, no Crap Second Hand Dealers Lies.

Private sales of kit go here.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem2
2. No spamming or shilling
Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Re: Drama Queen, no Crap Second Hand Dealers Lies.

Unread post by Colin Wonfor » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:46 am

Why would he bother, and the Doc's advice has been very useful.
It can be done so imagine it.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:52 am

Colin Wonfor wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:46 am
Why would he bother, and the Doc's advice has been very useful.
Okie dokie.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2/ Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Metrum dac / UR Simply Italy /NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:54 am

Perhaps he could post (or PM to Colin) some helpful advice on how to follow up this particular incident and what to do to have the best chance of avoiding a repeat.
People don't seem to be able to understand it, but he has done exactly that. "Don't be a drama queen". Instead of treating it as a insult, consider it may be good advice.

The only place where people are simple, and good is good and bad is bad is in Disney films. Real life is always more complex. Everyone is the hero in their own story.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:07 am

Lurcher300b wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:54 am
Perhaps he could post (or PM to Colin) some helpful advice on how to follow up this particular incident and what to do to have the best chance of avoiding a repeat.
People don't seem to be able to understand it, but he has done exactly that. "Don't be a drama queen". Instead of treating it as a insult, consider it may be good advice.
Yeah. To a point. I was sort of thinking of something a little more practical, given David's experience. But, sounds like it's sorted, anyway.

If you reread my post, you'll see the first thing I said is that David is a decent bloke. I wasn't criticising him.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2/ Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Metrum dac / UR Simply Italy /NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:30 am

If you reread my post, you'll see the first thing I said is that David is a decent bloke. I wasn't criticising him.
Never thought you were, though there are loads of things he could be criticized about. Like all of us.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 am

Lurcher300b wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:30 am
Never thought you were, though there are loads of things he could be criticized about. Like all of us.
Indeed...we are all complex creatures.

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Having read Colins posts on the matter on several forums, and looked up "drama queen" and "melodramatic" on Google I must admit it seems a fair assessment of the situation.

As Nick says, shit happens in life, and we have to deal with it.

Colin could have calmly asked for advice on the matter but he chose to do otherwise.

How we get along the path of life is all about the choices we make, from minor to major, hundreds of times a day.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Reminds me, a bit, of when I worked at fenchurch street station on the front desk during the evening peak.

I quickly worked out that people handle shit in different ways when I had to tell them their trains were delayed / cancelled.

Some were action oriented...who do I need to tell, what other options have I got etc.

Some were feelings oriented. I just had to listen then say 'I know, it's rubbish, I understand'.

Some were angry. I just nodded and said 'ok'. One bloke, smart city worker, told me I was a effing useless arsehole because his train was cancelled. Ten minutes later he came over and apologised. I said 'it's ok cos I know I'm not really useless and I know you're not really an arsehole '. After that he always acknowledged me on his way through and sometimes came over for a chat.

My favourites, though, were often builders. They'd be like 'effing ell mate, how long they gonna be up the wall this time then?' I'd say 'at least two pints'. Theyd break into a smile and say 'luvvly bubbly pal, see ya later'...

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Yep, not necessarily the shit itself that causes problems, more how we deal/cope (or not) with it.

setting son
Great Britain

Unread post by setting son » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Hermes will give a parcel to anyone who just happens to be walking past the delivery address...