Drama Queen, no Crap Second Hand Dealers Lies.

Private sales of kit go here.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem2
2. No spamming or shilling
TroutFisher
Great Britain

Re: Drama Queen, no Crap Second Hand Dealers Lies.

Unread post by TroutFisher » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Knowing David and having met Colin, I suspect it is a simple confusion of emotion. Don’t look for the reality as it’s probably obscured by things that are not true or real.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 am

The moral of the story.

NEVER USE HERMES.

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 am
The moral of the story.

NEVER USE HERMES.
Never use a courier that has monkeys as van drivers. :evil:

The majority of couriers are very good at getting the item as far as the delivery drivers van. :)

Personally, I find most couriers who deliver to me are OK. My favourites are Parcelforce, DPD and UPS.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:36 am

They get monkeys because they pay peanuts.

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:49 am

Lurcher300b wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:14 pm
TBH, I don’t understand why Colin has brought David into the story. Was he in some way connected with the amp return? Or is it just a chance to have a pop at him while you have a platform?
I think the fact that he (David Brook) took the time call Colin a "Drama Queen" in posts on two different forums whilst adding nothing to the subject matter was what got Colin's goat, as it would have done mine. He had no interest in Colin's post other than using it as a platform to leave a mean-spirited comment.
Being a "bluff Northerner," as has been mentioned only goes so far as an excuse before you end up sounding like Jeremy Clarkson, but without the good manners and the sunny disposition. :lol:
If tha's got nowt good t'say, then say nowt. ;)
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:16 am

slinger wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:49 am
Lurcher300b wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:14 pm
TBH, I don’t understand why Colin has brought David into the story. Was he in some way connected with the amp return? Or is it just a chance to have a pop at him while you have a platform?
I think the fact that he (David Brook) took the time call Colin a "Drama Queen" in posts on two different forums whilst adding nothing to the subject matter was what got Colin's goat, as it would have done mine. He had no interest in Colin's post other than using it as a platform to leave a mean-spirited comment.
Being a "bluff Northerner," as has been mentioned only goes so far as an excuse before you end up sounding like Jeremy Clarkson, but without the good manners and the sunny disposition. :lol:
If tha's got nowt good t'say, then say nowt. ;)
So it is just a chance to have a pop at him while you have a platform then.

The thing is, without Colin actually telling us who he is pointing the indeterminate finger at, there is nothing of any use in the post other than shit happened. AFAIK, shit happens to most of us now and then, And sorry, but if Colin feels its worth posting about this on three different forums, I sort of agree with David on this one.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:31 am

What should be noted is motivation. Colin has been a victim of this industry and the crooked people who are in it who exploit if they can. Colin has been exploited on at least three occasions in the past, mainly 'cos he is a nice guy who trusts too much.

The last episode with TQ was disgraceful and should be called as such. When at a Yorkshire Hi-Fi club meet I had a brief exchange with David Brooks about it where he had showed he had been taken in by all the lies that had been told about Colin by his crooked ex TQ partner, I didn't bother to argue, as David is a TQ agent I saw it as pointless.

That is what is behind this saga.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 am

To me Colin is like the grandad you never had. He is kind, sensetive and trusting. All good qualities but they leave you open to abuse sadly. Colin needs our support and compassion after getting fucked over like he has in the past. Unfortunately most are incapable of showing this. It may be a dog eat dog world out there but surely we dont all have to be so insensitive and selfish.
Naim, Linn & Harbeth fanboy

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 am

The biggest problem is me, I do trust folk I was brought up that way by my lovely kind hearted Dad. Also I am to be blunt not only dyslexic but on the lower scale of autism. My dear friend and now wife has always known this and is blunt and honest to me, I understand that black is black etc.
Now because of these tiny problem I can be easily misled by what sounds like honest people now with Maria at my side this happen less and less thank Wottan.
Her deceased Husband and a darling friend was also straight with me, I miss people like that you knew where you stood.
There are few still lurking in the background in my life like the two Alan's and one past Inca Tech dealer Ian.

So folk out there who have never been treated with any training in kindness and understanding are basically being shit heads because they have never had this skills taught to them by loved one's and I suspect are right twats in the personal lives also.

Granddad I wish I love kids but it will never be. So who is up for adoption ? send CV to telluriumq@gmail.com :mrgreen: :twisted:
It can be done so imagine it.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 am

Dave is a decent bloke. He posts out a lot of hifi stuff by courier. Perhaps he could post (or PM to Colin) some helpful advice on how to follow up this particular incident and what to do to have the best chance of avoiding a repeat.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2/ Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Metrum dac / UR Simply Italy /NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e