Ithilstone
Swaziland

Re: Bargain Alert!!!

Unread post by Ithilstone » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Fretless wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:50 pm
That must be a mega monster then....

Godzilla Edition!!!! :character-bowser: :character-bowser: :character-bowser:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 45kg of PSU it eats Godzilla for breakfast...
Nothing to see here...

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Shame about Jammy going off NVA. His posts were always INTERESTING, if not always legible. He pointed me in the direction of PSU-added headphone amps, and the value of good headphones.. which has been invaluable. I don't fully understand the juxtaposition between audio politics and listening. I'm here listening to The Division Bell and as ever in raptures.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. NVA TCS. AP10H(JS), with Denon AH-D7100's. A70 MkII's. Cube2's. LS7. BMU. Interconnects all TIS.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Nothing was done to him, we put up with him, well I did as he was fun if a PITA at times. He decided to fall out with us and took the level of insult to the point of wishing me dead, which is the sort of madness that goes on at snakeoil. Insults like you never would believe like me being impotent, Nadia being a bought wife, I and my company are illegal, that I am a nonce, that I am gigantically fat with a neck like a walrus. It just went (and goes) on and on, though I haven't looked for months.

It is beyond the level of normal madness, especially as it is mostly one person with about 10 sock puppets talking to Jammy, two or three others and himself, so one person Rudy Hucker basically talking to himself. If you don't believe me about the madness go look for your self. Last time I looked the top 5 threads were about me.

http://www.snakeoilaudio.com/f1-reception

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Re the OP

:epopc:

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:55 pm

I’m away from home so haven’t had a chance to unpack it all and get photos etc up. The A70 monos and P50 pre are already sold, bought by a chap local to me in Galashiels.

I’ll get the rest up for sale when I get a chance, will be a while though, I’m building a wind farm in North Wales at the moment.

Richard, could you advise what the Jammie Special retail is please?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:29 pm

2xPSU and 1x AP10h add it up = £760.00 is the standard one, I don't remember if Jammy had anything extra over that.

I am more interested in what you think about the NVA stuff you got and maybe a Scottish Maffia bake-off opinion. Or is that too political.

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:54 pm

Not at all. I already had the starter system and I think it’s very good and unbeatable VFM.

The local chap who bought the A70’s came round for a listen to the Zingalis and I took round an SM 70 Pro, Tannoy supertweeters and the A70/P50 for him to listen to the next day. He kept them for a week as he was on holiday. He uses vintage Tannoys. He liked the SM 70, but described the A70 monos/P50 as “Amazing”. Guess he liked them. :-)

Gary (Gazjam) is having the A60 stereo amp for a second system as well as another pair of speakers I have. I took the A60 to a weekend meet where it was well received, everyone commenting on the cost/sound quality ratio.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Ah! AoS review :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kidding, he will ban you.

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:22 pm

LOL, the weekend meet was some of the Audio Talk crowd, mostly avid valve amp users.