Linn Forum

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: Linn Forum

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am

Wigwam - Well it has happened and now official. It will be a good move for Wigwam as long as a marketing / censorship deal hasn't been done, but I see that as highly likely, and we will be the forum to watch for it and comment.

Personally I am losing patience with me continued to be censored, more of my posts have been removed than left up. I am made to feel (and told so by mods) that I am walking on eggshells and an inch off being banned again - what for ?? nothing but maybe asking awkward questions and telling awkward truths.

Classic comment "offending some peoples truths" what bollocks, the truth is the truth, and there are mountains of truths to be told about Linn.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:38 am

If the Glasgow mafia have anything to do with the moderation it will be red cards for everyone from HFS.
The brain washed zombies are starting to join and post :Bllocks: :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:50 am

I think per usual the mod team is split on that. There are games within games, and some of the mod team just want a good interesting and fun forum.

I have a feeling Linn may be buying it or buying into it. But they know perfectly well it is a balancing act between a marketing site and a members site. The only thing of value there is the membership. BUT the more corrupt other forums become the more we will be seen as a shining light of honesty and lack of bullshit. Of course that will mean they try to isolate us even more - ho-hum!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:26 pm

BTW they have denied their members the benefit of a NVA loan scheme, which may have prompted other suppliers to do it - opportunity lost, I wonder why :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:27 pm

This will run parallel with the Wigwam thread as they are now the same place, but I think we need to keep comment separately between them.

PeterSowerby
Great Britain

Unread post by PeterSowerby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:50 am
I think per usual the mod team is split on that. There are games within games, and some of the mod team just want a good interesting and fun forum.

I have a feeling Linn may be buying it or buying into it. But they know perfectly well it is a balancing act between a marketing site and a members site. The only thing of value there is the membership. BUT the more corrupt other forums become the more we will be seen as a shining light of honesty and lack of bullshit. Of course that will mean they try to isolate us even more - ho-hum!
There are no games being played whatsoever. Linn have certainly NOT bought The Wam (it's not for sale) just like WHF they have realised that it takes time, effort, money and resources to run a big forum and they would rather concentrate on their core business and decided as they had exhibited with us two years ago at Scalford that The Wam would be the best place to migrate their forum users. I know it makes for interesting reading but there is nothing more to it.

I am hoping that by giving safe passage to join us they will exhibit with us again at The Wam HiFi Show in March but again nothing finalised.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:42 pm

As I said I think you are the best place for it. I will avoid posting in that room like it has the plaque, best I just ignore it. We will see if the closed and brainwashed minds drift onto the rest of the forum. It will take time, you have 3 very diverse groups with different traditions and forum usage history, the old Wigwam crowd (what is left of them), the What Hi-Fi crowd, and now the Linn crowd. I think to begin with they will probably stick in their groups as they know them. What saddens me is the whole bake-off traditions is getting a lot smaller, mostly moved to Audio Abattoir, getting them going again and getting the others to join in is going to be hard. I wish there was a way to promote them again.

PeterSowerby
Great Britain

Unread post by PeterSowerby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 pm

I don't agree Richard. You always said that the time for the enthusiast is coming!! My strong belief is that there are many more groups to join in, there is no 'old wam' anymore as you think, these guys who moderate are very much with me now, they just have memories of the old and have bought into the future of what I think we will be. I know you like to hang on to the old school wigwam, but I'm afraid its long gone.

Yes they will stick in their groups at first but the diverse subjects and massive post count we have will soon have them joining in the community spirit.

Bake-offs - I have left these alone for two years but have a major plan to resurrect them, they have died themselves through no fault of anyones other than what we have seen over the last 10 years. And its all internet, social media and simply a change in human behaviour, and of course the biggest issue of all......age. 10-20 years ago we all wouldn't think twice of getting in our cars and driving the length and breadth of the Uk to a night out, a party, a concert but as soon as we pass 50 things take a bit longer, distances seem forever to get to, motorways are busier...and guess what we just don't want to do it anymore. Once we get to a bake-off its the best thing ever, oh but then there is the drive home!!!! There is no massive young generation of hifi enthusiasts like there was and whatever we had they can get at the touch of a screen or a download...not vinyl of course.

So it's not our fault or any fault of any forum, mine, yours or any of the others.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 am

The extent of brain washing really hit home yesterday and not just in the UK. I envisage a forum within a forum with little integration. I think there is a fear of a realisation that better SQ can be achieved at far less cost and tens of thousands have been wasted over decades. There are similarities to a religious cult. Explaining the situation would be like fighting with the eyes of the blind, or more fittingly the ears of the deaf. I will obsere, liking it to visiting a Victorian freak show.

As for the Glasgow mafia, I think they have moved on and ditching the forum is part of the process. The old fogies who swallowed the bullshit are the past. Now it is a wealthy younger generation on an international scale to whom value for money is not a concern and sound quality is not a major consideration.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:33 am

Hi Peter,

Did you get yourself a hifi system yet?

Is it a Linn?

;)
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2