snakeoilaudio

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Karnevil9

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Lurcher300b wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:22 pm
Karnevil9 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Cant all be perfect can we
No, none of us are, but you asked why people don't like Rudi, and I gave you my reason.

That is rubbish because you do not even know him, You know the words typed on a screen but not the real person, which brings me back to it not being real. I am totally the polar opposite to how i come across on a posting board.

User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 2425
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Karnevil9 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:00 pm
Lurcher300b wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:22 pm
Karnevil9 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Cant all be perfect can we
No, none of us are, but you asked why people don't like Rudi, and I gave you my reason.

That is rubbish because you do not even know him, You know the words typed on a screen but not the real person, which brings me back to it not being real. I am totally the polar opposite to how i come across on a posting board.
Then he dislikes the pretend persona. So pretend that his dislike is not real...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 29525
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:05 pm

He spends so much time describing himself and his achievements, what he does, what he drives, what he eat, his work his leisure - all a complete pile of self centred bollocks - so is he lying about it, 'cos for sure he is determined for us to know him.

Karnevil9

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm

I know for sure i dont post on forums for other peoples sakes, I dont give a shit about anyone but me see, whats up with that.

Lurcher300b
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:58 pm
Great Britain

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Maybe, but I doubt it, whatever he is like i real life, I chose to not want to associate with someone who would post in that manner for the world to see.

In practice, I don't think its likely that on line behavior and "real world" behavior is going to be that different, at the least the on line behavior is likely to indicate what he would like to behave like in real life, or at least what he would like the behave like if he felt he could get away with it.

I don't buy this online/real world distinction anyway, its still the same person in both cases, I would regard the distinction between the two types of behavior as a possible indicator or personal conflict, frustration or some form of mental dysfunction.
I am totally the polar opposite to how i come across on a posting board.
Maybe, or perhaps you just think you are, we would need evidence from someone who know you IRL to collaborate that statement.

But assuming you are as you say, I have to ask why?

Karnevil9

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Anger & frustration with others. This is how posting boards & Social media get you. This is why i dissapear for periods at a time.

Lurcher300b
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:58 pm
Great Britain

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm

I dont give a shit about anyone but me see, whats up with that.
See my previous answer, but to expand on that, if that is your view of yourself then I would have to let you know I would then regard you as a sociopathic tosser. (no ad hom as I am addressing the point the person made, which just happens to be about them self).

Karnevil9

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:18 pm

What just because ive been stabbed in the back so many times i cant stand other people? First rule in life is never trust anyone.

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 29525
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:20 pm

So stab first and become like them ?

because back stabbing is all that goes on at snakeoil. (and front stabbing, and side stabbing, etc etc).

SteveTheShadow
Posts: 1026
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm
Location: S Yorks
Great Britain

Re: snakeoilaudio

Unread post by SteveTheShadow » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Karnevil9 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:18 pm
What just because ive been stabbed in the back so many times i cant stand other people? First rule in life is never trust anyone.
I've trusted people and been stabbed in the back. I've trusted people and not been stabbed in the back. The "non-stab" statistic substantially outnumbers the stab statistic, so I go on trusting.

These days I simply avoid obnoxious tw*ts, people with ideas above their station and salesmen. That takes care of 99.9% of the trouble.

Rudi seems to have absorbed Harry Enfield's "Loadsamoney" character to such a degree that he's become the very personification of the knobhead Enfield was taking the piss out of.

Warren Mitchell used to tell a story about being in the back of a cab in the late 60s with Johnny Speight, where the cabbie said to him,
"love how you have a go at the blacks Alf"

Speight interrupted and said,
"no mate we're having a go at dickheads like you.
DIY NVA amplification ( roughly equivalent to NVA A60) BTE Designs passive preamp, BTE Designs Lenco L75 turntable, Rega R200 arm, Goldring E3 cartridge, NVA Phono 1
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC, AppleTV4 with Apple Music subscription, ripped CDs streamed via WD MyCloud Home Duo NAS, with PLEX media server.
Speakers - Large sealed cabs, with Fane 12-250-TC 12" full range drivers.

Post Reply