HiFi Foo Fight

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: HiFi Foo Fight

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:38 am
So why try and make a foo thread here, just send it back with a covering letter.

Reality IS that you have / had an agenda regarding me and my attitudes, you have proved it in attacking me consistently over the last couple of months here when ever a thread opportunity arose, it is here in black and white so it is your reality as well. This confusion of yours over reality is behind the diminishing quality of foo fighter too.
Threads are used to place orders and to record receipt of funds, dispatch of item, delivery etc. I had automatically assumed that you operated the same way with repairs. It would seem like basic good practice. Reality is that it's a massive jump to assume that my mentioning a repair is part of some campaign of attack. No problem, though, I will mention it no more.

I will not be attempting to change your your attitude. That would be a futile endeavour, by your own advice...and I have more important things to do. Foo Fight is ridiculous about the ridiculous, it only responds. On this occasion, though, the truth is probably stranger than satire...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Nigel
Wales

Unread post by Nigel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 am

I don't know why you two don't let it drop before one of you says something you later come to regret. Some of the Foo Fight pieces are wonderful though.
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Linn K9 at95e paratrace.
Rega Jupiter CD player.
Exposure X.
Rega Ela.
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 am

I am going on your performance on the forum over the last couple of months on that basis it is very possible.

See you can't resist, the last sentence is at it again. Get off my back.

AND Nigel, once again I didn't start it. It is like being nagged by an irritating wife. I will say what needs to be said until it stops, or I have to boot him. The ball is at his feet. FF has been great fun but he is now using it to tell lies about me and this forum, that I will not allow without comment. He packs it up and we are back to day one, piss take is fine lies are not.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:56 pm

People have to realise I have had over 30 years of this, first from being largely blocked for retailers by the flat earth Linn Naim and other large companies like Cyrus *illegally* tying up retailers turnovers with illegal contracts to block out competitors, and no way to counter it apart from a couple of letters to Inside Hi-Fi trade magazine that just got me lies and insults, and so it started. When I discovered a way because of the web to bypass the powers that be in 2005 by going direct I became the number one enemy, just by saying on line at forums what we have had to put up with and how I am countering it. Being called a liar, insulted, libelled, personally and the company, having to put up with brainwashed eeeediots who cannot see the wood for the trees and the egotists self appointed gurus who know feck all in reality like Marco trying to put the company and me down because I correct him and win argument over what is reality. The whole thing has been pathetic, BUT I am happy being small with good and appreciative customers, it gives me pleasure to give them their music - the rest of the eeediots can go feck themselves unless they open their minds and try it for themselves.

OK rant over - for now.

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 am
piss take is fine lies are not.
Surely the whole point of Foo Fight (as with most satire) is that it's based on an exaggerated version of reality, and so by its very nature isn't true. An entirely truthful Foo Fight wouldn't be funny.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:05 pm

It is like a hifi equivalent of Spitting Image. Maggie Thatcher was the main character in the fiering line and seemed to relish the publicity.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler/Qutest, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Satire is not lies, it is playing with the truth, it is bending it, taking the piss out of it, that I welcome and have NO OBJECTION TO. My problem is Savvy developed a personal agenda regarding me and has strayed into downright lies - that I will not accept.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 pm

"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:28 am

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 pm

A fitting tribute.

Next - Monty Python and the Holy Cube?
Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube2 - BMU
Pi: Allo DigiOne Signature/Volumio/Tomanek LPSU/Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Musical Fidelity M1DAC Digital i/c: Profigold Oxypure OCC