Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 pm

In the Black Beard introductory thread Fruitcake gives his reasons for deleting the Wam thread, after saying he did not have time to moderate. The Wam thread was removed shortly after I reported the forum to pro boards with specific reference to what was posted in that thread today. Coincidence? Fruitcake then goes on to say that there is only one person who has been refused admission to his site because he has never posted anything of value on any forum. That is bound to be me. :lol: Of course Rudi, Jammy and Black Beard always make valuable contributions. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Biased criteria for entry as well as biased moderation.

His last attempt at a forum was taken down after complaints to pro boards, including from me. We need to keep an eye on this shameful mk2, it is easy to notify pro boards of inappropriate content.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:19 pm

The moment when Westie decided he only had time to moderate the posts that didn't fit his own preferences...

"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am

ProBoards came back to me for further information. I advised them that the thread had been removed but said that similar content was likely to reappear and they should keep an eye on the site.

Fruitcake says the site is for discussions about hifi only, but what has Black Beard posted about hifi on Wam? F... All. He was allowed to join to provide fuel for the likes of Rudi and Jammy. If anyone has any doubts about Fruitcakes feeling s towards the Doc and members of HFS they should see my post at the bottom of page 20 of this thread.

This agenda aside, the setting up of a forum is an exercise in verbal masturbation so he can spout :Bllocks: about the amount of equipment he has owned. :lol:
And northwest of Pegasus

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system

Out and about

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 pm

Fruitcake has started a thread/poll on whether mention of NVA should be banned. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only sense on his funny farm of a forum is posted by members of HFS.
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Out and about

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:28 pm

With the stupidity and nastiness I have seen there he would be doing me / us a favour. That would be half the membership being snakeoilies, what would they find to talk about, apart from how rich and wonderful Rudi is..

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:31 pm

I can't be bothered to look there after today which was gang up day on any NVA users, poor Dave is seriously upset by Bigman's lies and rudeness, Bigman really is a champion arse, but it seems Macca and Westie want to stick up for him, so the bias created means there is no point on any of us being there. Just let it be a polluted snakeoil outhouse.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:17 am

There really isn't any support for banning NVA. I don't get the idea that NVA owners attack any criticism. Usually the other way round.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 am

Fruitcake has decided that mention of NVA should be allowed, but any follow up posts will be removed. This in effect allows Bigboy, or anyone else with a similar agenda, to say what they like about an NVA product without a right of reply. It is worse than AOS.
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Out and about

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:30 am

It is effectively what AoS used to be. That place is so insignificant with so few members we really shouldn't pay it any attention. I am not from now on, it is pointless reading there or snakeoil, they want us to read them and comment I am coming to the conclusion, it is the only activity they have.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:35 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:30 am
That place is so insignificant with so few members we really shouldn't pay it any attention. I am not from now on, it is pointless reading there or snakeoil, they want us to read them and comment I am coming to the conclusion, it is the only activity they have.
+1
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2