Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:06 pm
AA would be virtually dead without posts from members of HFS. NVA is bound to come up in discussion and to ban or put in the stocks the owner, for whatever reason, makes no sense.
There seems to be a fair spread from across different forums.

Of the 17 members online there in the last 24 hours, 4 of the 17 regularly post here - myself, Shane, Richard (now banned, sadly) and Classic.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:27 pm

CN wrote - "AA would be virtually dead without posts from members of HFS. NVA is bound to come up in discussion and to ban or put in the stocks the owner, for whatever reason, makes no sense".

It shows he had an agenda from the start.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm
CN211276 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:06 pm
AA would be virtually dead without posts from members of HFS. NVA is bound to come up in discussion and to ban or put in the stocks the owner, for whatever reason, makes no sense.
There seems to be a fair spread from across different forums.

Of the 17 members online there in the last 24 hours, 4 of the 17 regularly post here - myself, Shane, Richard (now banned, sadly) and Classic.
What he is saying is without us the forum would be dead, apart from the loony Rudi, and he only arrived after we (mostly me) motivated him again.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:52 pm

The most informed posts seem to come come from HFS members.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:00 pm

AND the ones that stimulated the most nasty rude and malicious responses.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:28 pm

just let the ridiculous place drift off into obscurity. Without us they have nothing of any consequence, so my advice is ignore, they don't deserve any support after this performance of how to be biased.

Let us show them what a proper forum is.

scotty38
Great Britain

Unread post by scotty38 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:36 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 pm
What he is saying is without us the forum would be dead, apart from the loony Rudi, and he only arrived after we (mostly me) motivated him again.
I joined early on and had some "banter" with Rudi about his mortgage etc and was subsequently banned, as I believe he was too. He is back but I'm still banned. Make of that what you will.....

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:46 am

Try rejoining (if you wish to rejoin) with a slightly different username, e.g. '38scotty'...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:40 am

This goes some way to explaining his attitude towards the Doc and members of HFS.

http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/4032 ... ck-ravioli

I can see the humour, but I feel something has to be said. This thread and so many others are being driven by a prolific "internet stalker" who displays an unhealthy obsession with Martin and other notable forum personas. He drives debates and stirs up his cabal of sycophants to post his opinions and comments on here.

He and his disciples are the first to make unfounded accusations against others, yet expect to be able to spam his wares here and elsewhere with impunity.

Until TAS finds a way to cut his influence from the forum, it will be hampered from its goal of being a friendly place to discuss our passion for our shared interests. A banned former member should have no influence whatsoever here.

In short, there is an elephant in the room that we all can smell, who constantly gets in everyone's way but whom nobody wants to recognise the presence of. If we wanted to be part of his agenda and discussions, I'm sure there's a place we could all go to in order to do that.

Personally I want no part of this toxic troll or his agendas in my life. If that means not visiting this forum in order to avoid his presence, then that's a step I will reluctantly take. It's a great forum with the nicest and most decent owners you could find, but there's an awful smell of shit in here and I need some fresh air.

Shortly after this he set up his own forum.

Some months prior to this, under yet another username, he had a go at me on PFM following one of my posts, referring to something I had posted here. This is before I was banned from PFM of course.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.