Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:45 pm

That for me is the removal of the quarantine insult, nothing else, nothing else matters until this is solved. It is a declaration of war, same as it was at TAS. I would prefer to be banned by him at least that would have some honesty in it, then everyone knows where he stands, this is just an insult.

If I am banned it is an admission that he cannot cope with the truth.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:40 am

It always helps to go back to the beginning in order to find THE TRUTH as time throws so much mud around. Sooooo, my first post after the silly intro one was to ask Macca if I would be able to talk to him on the forum as I had been ignored by him in email and PM at HFS. I wanted to know his take on why he had hi-jacked my phono stage bake off. His reply was why did I ask, I replied as above that he had been ignoring me. He then went off with a tirade of insults about Marco and AoS, please note I hadn't brought either into the conversation nor had I insulted him. I replied in kind, and my post was removed but the original one was left up by Westie. So you see the BIASED MODERATION is there from the start. This created a pattern and it just carried on via Bigman, and then the snakeoilaudio knob heads arrived and joined in and so it escalated to the stooooopid situation we have now with me being in quarantine just because I defended myself and my company from libel and insult.

Fair, far from it in my opinion, but this bollocks seems to follow me around.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:49 am

If I had been moderating then I would have removed both your post to Macca and his response...and told you both to deal with it by private message. If left public, it was obvious that others with an agenda against either of you would jump in to try to create personal conflict. Andrew did remove the original posts, and the subsequent ad-hominem from others, the next morning, following an exchange with yourself and some feedback from myself. A much longer delay than desirable but the right outcome in the end. Where you see bias, I see a man on a steep learning curve.

You asked Macca a straightforward, personal question, he gave you a straightforward, personal answer.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:26 am

No he didn't, what forum have you been reading. I repeat, and it is still there not removed, or it was yesterday.

THE TRUTH

It always helps to go back to the beginning in order to find THE TRUTH as time throws so much mud around. Sooooo, my first post after the silly intro one was to ask Macca if I would be able to talk to him on the forum as I had been ignored by him in email and PM at HFS. I wanted to know his take on why he had hi-jacked my phono stage bake off. His reply was why did I ask, I replied as above that he had been ignoring me. He then went off with a tirade of insults about Marco and AoS, please note I hadn't brought either into the conversation nor had I insulted him. I replied in kind, and my post was removed but the original one was left up by Westie. So you see the BIASED MODERATION is there from the start. This created a pattern and it just carried on via Bigman, and then the snakeoilaudio knob heads arrived and joined in and so it escalated to the stooooopid situation we have now with me being in quarantine just because I defended myself and my company from libel and insult.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

I have now been banned from the forum. What comes around goes around, history repeats itself.

BIASED MODERATION

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 am

And so it starts, lies and misinformation I now have no right to correct.

From Docfoster - "Regarding the circuit for NVA amps. Someone once told me that it was based on a John Linsley Hood design."

Untrue and made up on a forum as a FUD per usual, no one asked me and no one checked for the truth per usual. It has NOTHING in common with LH design apart from being solid state. I have posted here about the design and how it came about, but per usual people prefer lies.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 am

I have just looked for Macca's original insulting and libelous post that started this. I can no longer find it, so my request for fair moderation has AT LAST happened, so having finally complied with my requests including removing of most of the later ones, you have obviously decided I was right, so where is the motivation for my quarantine and then ban now.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Westie
Administrator

Jul 3, 2018 22:13:14 GMT

I have moved these threads here to form the start of a thread for what wil hopefully be a future Firebottle/NVA beke off or bakeoffs.

Whether, when, where and how this happens will be down to the protagonists. This thread is to facilitate any arrangements or discussion and is only here for posts that help move things forward. It’s not for regurgitating the past and it’s certainly not for dragging other people into the fray. It needs to stay on topic. I won’t be as tolerant of any nonsense here, in fact I will be completely intolerant, so please don’t go there.

For my part, I have tried to help because a bake off was offered and it was accepted. I’d therefore like to see it happen because that seems fair to me. That’s as much as need to be said about how we got to here. Let’s now focus on the future and not the past.

If those involved prefer to conduct discussions via PM here, of by other means. all good by me. I’m simply providing a space and opportunity.

*******************************************************************************************************************

So you kill any possibility of solving it there by banning me - good intelligent move !

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:06 pm

AA would be virtually dead without posts from members of HFS. NVA is bound to come up in discussion and to ban or put in the stocks the owner, for whatever reason, makes no sense.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.