Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
scotty38
Great Britain

Re: Audio Addicts (ex The Audio Forum)

Unread post by scotty38 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:34 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm
I go on the evidence of my ears with my system in my listening room and i believe this technology has raised the bar. I think the only reason the price is not higher is because they want to promote sales of their dual BNC compatable DACs which are required to get the maximum benefit.
Of course that is absolutely fine. My comment was supposed to be a humorous response to you that's all....

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:44 pm

scotty38 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:34 pm
CN211276 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm
I go on the evidence of my ears with my system in my listening room and i believe this technology has raised the bar. I think the only reason the price is not higher is because they want to promote sales of their dual BNC compatable DACs which are required to get the maximum benefit.
Of course that is absolutely fine. My comment was supposed to be a humorous response to you that's all....
Point taken. :grin:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler/Qutest, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:15 pm
savvypaul wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:56 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Inventing again, where have I said that or done that. I have spoken reality and the truth nothing more. You used to be like me, now you bend.

I will always admit if I see myself in the wrong.
When you make remarks about someone's (alleged) sexuality?
OH FFS that was a response attack, nasty because the attacks made on me were nasty - tit for tat. Don't throw the first stones then I have no motivation to throw shit back.

No apology for that he deserved it, see how strongly he reacted, why!, he protest too loudly. I am called gay, impotent and other insults all the time on the likes of snakeoil, it just makes me laugh, if it wasn't true surely he would have just laughed and said "touche".
He found it hurtful. Did you mean it to be hurtful or a laugh?

2 wrongs don't make a right...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:57 pm

We are wasting our time, if I am attacked like he did me I will respond, I seriously couldn't give a shit if you don't like it, it is my decision. It hurt him GOOD HE DESERVED IT perhaps it will make him think about telling lies and attacking people in future - job done.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:03 pm

There's never an excuse for bullying someone about sexuality.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Yes there is, I was bullied, so I stood up to him and will always do it. For someone like that the harder you hit them in a sensitive place the better. What is this stooooopidity about sexuality are we back onto political correctness again. Only when we can call someone gay or straight or bi or into sheep without all this tut tutting will we grow up. Time to finish with the stoooopidity of political correctness, a spade is a spade and will never be anything else. I like women, I am not ashamed of it, if I was born a woman I would be gay for certain. It is the hiding that is daft Tony should stop hiding, be proud of what he is without imposing it on others THAT IS NORMALITY AND TRUTH IN ALL THINGS.

A bully deserves to be bullied about anything in return.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 am

Meanwhile, Jammy’s been kicked off the Westie Secure Ward (or AoS Part Deux to the rest of us). :grin: Hardly a surprise, but they don’t like it up’em Arf Arf :dance:
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap:

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:50 am

Eric Shun wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 am
Meanwhile, Jammy’s been kicked off the Westie Secure Ward (or AoS Part Deux to the rest of us). :grin: Hardly a surprise, but they don’t like it up’em Arf Arf :dance:
:guiness; looks like he had a few too many last night. His posts were entertaining as everyone got it in the neck. The sock puppet troll Vlad what ever has not been banned and he only posts to diss NVA and members of HFS.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler/Qutest, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:48 am

Looks like he's flounced. I never felt the need to report any of his posts there, but it seems that others regularly did. He only needed to modify his behaviour a little.

When Vlad Dracul has posted negative stuff about here, his posts have been removed by Andrew / Oliver. They are implementing their rules..

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:45 am

So compared with when it started AAddicts is getting more like a normal forum, I have just been waiting for it to revert to type. Loosing off Jammy to wander the world of non Hi-Fi forums will be interesting, whats next for him - Mums Net.

Perhaps they should continue the normalisation process by cancelling bans on members imposed from the loony days due to the loonies. Its only claim to fame for me is it is attracting more posts from AoS moderators than they post at AoS, surely that says something.